Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Charles Daly pic

Just got a used Charles Daly commander paid 375$ is this a good price? And are thease good 1911s? Took it to the range tonight an did well No lie this thing shoots as well as my kimber at 10 yards.Also the extractor sticks out a little is this normal?http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...se0000/cd2.jpg
    Last edited by Mentalcase; April 14th, 2007 at 12:20 AM.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Charles Daly pic

I had looked at getting a CD pistol before getting my FN 9mm. I called KBI ( a local importer). The guy I spoke with was going to "get back to me" with a price. That was over 2 months ago. I'm glad I decided not to wait. Talk about piss-poor customer service. Used is the only way I'd get one. Even at that, I'd be worried about service if anything ever went wrong with the gun. That being said, they are a nice looking piece.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Dauphin County)

It's not normal to have the extractor hanging out like that. Assuming it is working correctly and it's business end is extending past the breech face the correct amount, then maybe it is just out of spec at the rear and could be rectified by filing and polishing it's tail to make it flush with the slide.

Damned poor QC to let a thing like that get by. Not fatal though, if it's working correctly.

How many rounds did you test it with, and did they all eject correctly?
    Last edited by Pappy John; April 13th, 2007 at 10:01 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Put 100 threw her 3 ftf 5 times the slide did not close all the way had to pull back on it to get it to fire.Recole spring maby?The cd shoots as well as my kimber no BS. thanks