Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Carmen Robinson running for Mayor

anyone know anything about her?

http://www.carmenformayor.com/

I looked around the site a little and sent this email:
    Hello,

Before I decide to contribute or volunteer for a campaign I need to know about real stances held by canidates on real issues. I did not find this info, or a number to call on your website. It would be good for you to remedy that with an issues section on the site.

Recently City Council has knowingly, blantantly, and against their own legal council passed legislation that opens the city to the costs of lawsuits. Namely the "lost and stolen gun" legislation. Putting aside for the moment the debate on gun control, which I would think that the FACTS and DATA from DC and the rest of the countrys experiments with this type of legislation would have put to rest, still this is not legislation that Council is empowered to make. In the PG one councilwoman is quoted as saying "Who cares if its constitutional?".

This behavior and grandstanding is not only outlandish, but costly to a city already in financial duress.

What is your stance on this legislation?
    What is your stance on gun rights?

Thankyou for your time

A Pittsburgh Voter

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carmen Robinson running for Mayor

I know nothing about her>>> but it looks like she is attempting to jump on the "CHANGE" bandwagon...

Interested to hear her responses.

(Allegheny County)

Keep us up to date on her response. It will definitely be interesting to hear what she has to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

no response yet

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Nice pictures, but whoever created that website needs to be fired for not running a basic spelling/grammar check.

(Allegheny County)

Heres the response:

This legislation is just flat!
    This legislation was just evidence of the beginning of political silly season. As a former law enforcement officerand currently a lawyer, I know this law has no teeth. You are right; this does open the City to a costly legal battle even though the penalty for violating this ordinance would NOT produce any deterrent.
    I am insulted that this is the best ideal our council can think of and it is unfortunatethat the communities in harms way are constantly lied to or made to think they are on the radar.

The Second Amendment was adopted in an environment permeated by an emergent republican ideology founded upon the view that "To deny arms to some menwhile allowing them to others was an intolerable denial of freedom...". Wikipedia

I believe the second amendment affirms a broad individual right to gun ownership and The 2008 Supreme Court decision in District of Columbia v.Heller, stands for this broad right with some limitations. I am for restrictions and necessary regulation that targets Felons, minors and mentally handicapped.
    looks like we have a winner !
    Last edited by Shawn.L; February 11th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    looks like we have a winner !
    I don't know about a winner. Frankly, I still don't like the stance she took. Considering she's running for Mayor, the 2nd has little to do with her job. Article 1 Sec. 21 is a little more up her alley but given state pre-emption, she should have said "We're pre-empted by the state and therefore my stance on gun rights is irrelevant."

Thanks for soliciting her feedback. It's appreciated and I wasn't aware she was running. I'll look into her more but I'm not incredibly thrilled with her take on it or how she justified her stance. Given what politicians say to build a base for a run, it's not entirely far-fetched to think she's not jerking you off.

(Allegheny County)

It would be interesting to see what her answer would have been if your questioning had been from more of a gun control angle (as in you were for it). You started of by offering her what you were looking for.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    It would be interesting to see what her answer would have been if your questioning had been from more of a gun control angle (as in you were for it). You started of by offering her what you were looking for.
    send an email to info@carmenrobinson.com

really though, here in the city, where douch bags like Frankle can put out articles in the local newsletter saying things like "Shotguns are for hunting deer, Handguns are for hunting humans." having a response like that is a breath of fresh air.

esp where she speaks to the fact that the anti's use this sort of legislation to make people in the crime riddin inner city think they are "doing something".

Doug Shields would have told me about how the NRA "kills our children." Like he has done on the news.

They can say these things with impunity.

so, I dont take her response as "lying to some guy on the internet"

I will hit doors for her.

you guys are so negative.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post

you guys are so negative.
    Not really, I just don't trust anyone.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast