Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Allegheny LTCF Recived

Well I got that infamous yellow card in the mail on Friday and went to go pick it up this morning. Total waiting time 3 weeks +4. Im really excited just want to assure everyone that they held true to their 3 week policy, even though a little ridiculous.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny LTCF Recived

I don't remember anything about a 3 week policy, is this similar to the 45 day thing? I turned mine in via email 11 days ago and have called 3 times to see if it was received (not approved, just received) using the number on their website for that purpose. Each time the magical person who gets the email is not there, so I am not in the system. The last call (yesterday) even says she remembers seeing my name, but still did not know anything. I really don't mind waiting the 45 days, I just want to make sure they got the application and my 45 days have officially began.

The new sheriff has a new policy where the suggest a 3 week turnaround time from receipt of application. I tried calling too at all times during the day and never got ahold of them, went directly to voicemail. I started calling after it passed 3 weeks to make sure that it was received and sent an e-mail but ended up receiving it the next day. Some of the people i talked to down there said that they waited about 3 weeks and not much longer, which is pretty good since there has been a surge in apps since november. If no one responds to you try stopping in and checking in person.

(Allegheny County)

Thats my next step. It's a little harder to put someone off when they are standing right in front of you. They told me to call back on Thursday, so they still don't know if it was received I will go down next week.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    The new sheriff has a new policy where the suggest a 3 week turnaround time from receipt of application. I tried calling too at all times during the day and never got ahold of them, went directly to voicemail. I started calling after it passed 3 weeks to make sure that it was received and sent an e-mail but ended up receiving it the next day. Some of the people i talked to down there said that they waited about 3 weeks and not much longer, which is pretty good since there has been a surge in apps since november. If no one responds to you try stopping in and checking in person.
    Ive never heard anything about this 3 week deal. Everything that Ive ever heard or read, states they have 45 days to approve or deny an applicant. In my experience they took advantage of all 45 days, my approval was issued on the 45th day. I do know someone that received theirs in 2-3 weeks, but thus far that is the exception, everyone else i know of has waited the 45.

NP1724, stopping by in person is probably your best bet.

Sorry I forgot to clarify the 3 week policy was implemented to stop issuing licenses the day of. they hope that people will forget to pick them up and have to start the whole process over again. i guess the old sheriff allowed ltcfs to be issued day of, and this new sheriff saw this as a problem so he started this 2 step/ 3 week process ( turn in app wait 3 weeks return with proper id)