Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING COURSES WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN PIKE COUNTY ?

WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN PIKE COUNTY ?
    -------------------------------------------
    I WAS THINKING OF 1 ON 1 COURSES,VS. A BIG CLASS,IS THIS APPEALING ?
    HOW ABOUT A CLASS WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR FAMILY ?
    IS A RELOADING CLASS ON YOUR LIST ?
    WHAT ABOUT A CRIME PREVENTION AND PERSONAL SAFETY CLASS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ?
    ------------------------------------------
    YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPREECIATED ! THANK YOU,KINGCOR

(Pike County)

Default Re: WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING COURSES WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN PIKE COUNTY ?

Hi Kingcor,
    I know of several people looking for Personal Protection OUTSIDE the home & NRA basic Pistol INSTRUCTOR courses. Also, Range Safety Officer.
    Thanks hgsw67

(Pike County)

Default Re: WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING COURSES WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN PIKE COUNTY ?

Kingcor,

I think a neat course would be general firearms safty,operation and shooting. But gear it to KIDS...My son (9 yrs) and daughter (13 yrs) are good with firearms but more training is always welcome. And with kids, for some reason They pay more attention when they hear it from anyone but their parents.

But I think in the course there should be live fire and target evaluation. In general try to find something that would show the damage the bullet would do to flesh. Just to stress the point what you see on TV/video games is not what happens in real life. Maybe get a deer carcass from the sidde of I-84. Maybe get a old CPR dummy fill it with some jello and ketchup. I know it sounds sick, but the visual with say a hi-power hunting rifle with hollowpoints. To visually see the damage as it happens I think would really get the attention on WHY firearms are not toys...make it reality, make it visual, get their attention it will work...

Snert...

PS.. I would venture to say a calss of 6-8 adults is good. but also offer the private one on one class as well if wanted.
    Last edited by Snert; February 10th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by hgsw67 View Post
    Hi Kingcor,
    I know of several people looking for Personal Protection OUTSIDE the home & NRA basic Pistol INSTRUCTOR courses. Also, Range Safety Officer.
    Thanks hgsw67
    Hi Kingcor,
    I'm looking for an NRA instructor course. I have an extensive background including military and law enforcement instruction, but lack NRA credentials. I'm constantly asked by friends and family for instruction in everything from beginner to advanced tactics. I think all of your suggestions would be well received.

(Pike County)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE,YOUR POST IS GREATLY APPRECIATED,NEXT SPRING I SHOULD BE ABLE TO OFFER INSTRUCTOR COURSES,IT WILL TAKE THIS SEASON FOR ME TO MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS FOR NRA COUNSELOR CERTIFICATION,I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE FALL CLASS,

HI,SNERT
    THE CLUB IS LOOKING AT DATES FOR A YOUTH DAY,THIS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR YOUR KIDS,I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED,

(Pike County)

Wife. Yeah that one's hard to train.

(Pike County)

HI BILL,
    How about some Instructor Development Workshops for different disciplines. Rifle, shotgun, PPITH, PPOTH (as well as In the Home & Outside the Home basic Classes). I know several people who would be interested in local classes.
    Harry

(Pike County)

I see you started this in 2009, and was wondering what you finally did with your project?