Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default b-square sks mount

anyone ever hear anything about this? i just stumbled across it and it says it can be changed with out loosing zero. heres a link to where i saw it. its about at the bottom of the page http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/ri...cessories.html

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: b-square sks mount

I can't say for sure, I've actually never used a scoped rifle, but I can't imagine for the life of me how that could be true considering the way they are saying it's attached.
    "Attaches to the receiver by replacing the cover retaining pin"
    I don't know, those rifles aren't all that "tight fitting" (I know mine isn't) as they were designed as battle rifles in a different era. I've also read many posts by those more experienced than I, that say the receiver cover mounts are not the best method to attach a scope on the SKS. Maybe I'm wrong here.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

ive heard the samething about the reciever cover mounts, but i stumbled across this and i thought it sounded too good to be true. i want to put a scope on my sks but i dont want to drill into it incase i want to restore it someday and i dont want to have to have to sight it in everytime either.

(Bucks County)

First hand

I just removed one of those B square mounts off my sks no morethen 15 mins ago.

Heres the skinny on that mount, they are correct it dose in fact replace the stock swing bolt with a threaded bolt which runs through the mount then the reciever and tightns on the taped side of the mount. Now, that mount dose not sit flat on top of the reciever, theres almost enough space between the top of the recever and the bottom of the mount that you can set you flip up rear sight at like 50M and still use the iron sights. This is where the prob comes in.

With that mount floating in the air if you will,(with that rear bolt acting like a pivit point) they needed some way to stop the front of the mount from nose diving into the recever. So what they did was added a bracket in the back that look like this [, they then taped two hex head bolts evenly spaced so that when you thread them in, they sit flush agains the back of your recever.

" i dont want to have to have to sight it in everytime either." YOU will with that one. Glad i read this post, Ijust got done swaping out my right side folding stock like shown on that like u posted to a Tapco T6.
    I would not waste your money on one, i never could get it to stay in one place.

Hope this helped any qustions let me know

This might be another option for you but i dont know how this would work either.

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?i...d-26d52fe9848d
    Last edited by bigworm40; April 12th, 2007 at 05:48 PM.

(Chester County)

bigworm, thanks for the report. i didnt think it could hold a zero as good as it says it did. i might try that tapco. its cheap enough i wouldnt feel like i wasted too much money

(Bucks County)

Tapco has a few other options as well. I mean $15 for a new recever cover what can you expect. But if it gets the job done thats great.

Good luck, lets us know how you make out