Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Buymilsurp.com--scam artist

http://www.buymilsurp.com/

ES&D...can I interpret this any other way than the vulgar, "Eat Shit and die?"

I have an 03FFL license, commonly called C&R, Curio and Relic. I bought a Russian model 1895 Nagant, single action target revolver from the recently defunct Tombstone Arms. While waiting for the proper ammo to arrive, 7.62x38R, I gave some 32 S&W Long ammo a try, knowing that the case would bulge a little. It wouldn't fire, I presumed from a very light firing pin strike. Once the correct ammo arrived, I tried it...same thing happened, No Bang. I surmised the problem could be a weak mainspring or short or damaged firing pin. I tried a trick of rolling up a rubber band and sticking it into the fork of the mainspring...that worked...Bang, bang, bang!

As the hammer mounted firing pin looked to be in good shape, I decided to order a mainspring from buymilsurp.com. dba\ Mark Kubes Firearms in Largo, Florida for $18. I just didn't trust the rubber band trick as a permanent solution.

Shipping options were first class mail at $4.39 or USPS Priority for $6.15. I chose the latter for quick delivery, knowing that the mail lady also delivers on Saturday. UPS does not. And a flat spring is so small and light anyway, it could be shipped in one of the post office's own free envelopes. USPS claims 2 day service, 3 at the very most for Priority mail. Kubes claims to have shipped on Tuesday the 22nd. My Saturday mailbox was empty so I emailed Kubes asking why the delay. My question:

"It appears I wasted $6.15 for PRIORITY SHIPPING, which the Post Office
    claims is 2 days, 3 days tops. Imagine my surprise today when my mailbox
    was empty after 4 days in transit. How long until you file a missing
    package report?"

This is his reply:

"Are you kidding me?

Give it another day or so, it will show up.

If your (sic) stressed & aggravated this easy over a day or two & a couple of
    bucks, Maybe you should not own guns"

It did finally show on Monday, the 27th. To which my reply was:

"I don't kid.

Since I requested and paid $6.15 for Priority Mail but you spent $1.34 and
    sent it First Class Mail, do I get the difference
    credited to my VISA card?

Was this just an unfortunate glitch or is this your normal way of doing
    business?"

I got no reply. A few days later I filed a claim with the Florida Better Business Bureau.
    Certainly, the monetary amount isn't a matter of life or death. It's the principle. Is this a scam that hundreds or even thousands of customers get bilked?

After going back and forth through the BBB, he finally relented and refunded the difference between first class postage and Priority mail...Your $$$ has been credited. ES&D

I couldn't believe it! Right there on the BBB form...ES&D!!! Can this mean anything else?

It was refreshing to hear MidwayUSA's, Larry Potterfield saying on the Outdoor Channel, Thanks for your business. It seems Mark Kubes is unhappy that I uncovered his scam. Now everyone knows. All I ever expected is to get what I paid for. He claims..."My position is he is being rediculous. (sic) 5 days from order to receipt-... NO PROBLEM"

He still has never stated why my spring was mailed via first class instead of Priority Mail.

I welcome all comments, favorable or flaming.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Buymilsurp.com--scam artist

I kind of find it funny more then anything else. Lesson learned, not your problem if the guy is pissed off because you blew up his spot. Could have been much worse for him since this borders on mail fraud depending on how you look at it. Just another shop to avoid.

(Chester County)

Its good you uncovered this scam artist! He's probably pulled this scam on hundreds, maybe thousands of people. Most people will not go through the trouble that you did, and that's why clowns like this turd get away with it. Good to hear you closed him down. Guy sounds like a real P.O.S.

(York County)

"for PRIORITY SHIPPING, which the Post Office
    claims is 2 days, 3 days tops"

They claim but, they (usps) actually only consider it late after 10 days.

Also, What was the label dated??
    It should have a date that it was printed (if it's a sticker), or a postage cancellation date over the stamps.

If you payed him on the 22nd and he Shipped it the 26th and you got it the 27th, well you got what you paid for USPS Priority service. He just was slow getting it to the PostOffice.

Not defending anyone, I'm just saying.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

You should submit your story to a website called The Consumerist (owned by the folks that produce the Consumer Reports magazines). The firearms industry is not their usual fare, but your story is the very type of fraud/scam/etc that they run daily. If they did run the story, you'd reach a huge audience and really stick it to that guy and his company.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    "for PRIORITY SHIPPING, which the Post Office
    claims is 2 days, 3 days tops"

They claim but, they (usps) actually only consider it late after 10 days.

Also, What was the label dated??
    It should have a date that it was printed (if it's a sticker), or a postage cancellation date over the stamps.

If you payed him on the 22nd and he Shipped it the 26th and you got it the 27th, well you got what you paid for USPS Priority service. He just was slow getting it to the PostOffice.

Not defending anyone, I'm just saying.
    Except that he said that when he recieved the part it had been shipped first class and not priority. While he was only out a couple bucks and it's not like a day or two is all that big a difference the fact remains that the asshole was charging him for a service and not performing it and keeping the extra money paid.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(York County)

Oh,

I didn't read where it was mailed via 1st class mail.

Sorry.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(York County)

Oh my this reminds me of another PONZI. Get some bailout money ready.

(Luzerne County)

Since it appears that you paid with credit card, contact your card company and dispute the payment... they will check into it and if things are as you stated then they will NOT pay him the full price.. but they will have to do the work on this one for you...

GOOD LUCK

(Luzerne County)

This is off the "buymilsurp" dealer, but the sellers on Ebay are noted for this scam.Post will say $10. for shipping and arrive with a $1.50 worth of postage on the envelope. I do realize it cost some $$$ to get to the post office but they usually send more than one package and some have the mail guy pick up mail at there door. Just the cost of doing business I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast