http://www.buymilsurp.com/

ES&D...can I interpret this any other way than the vulgar, "Eat Shit and die?"

I have an 03FFL license, commonly called C&R, Curio and Relic. I bought a Russian model 1895 Nagant, single action target revolver from the recently defunct Tombstone Arms. While waiting for the proper ammo to arrive, 7.62x38R, I gave some 32 S&W Long ammo a try, knowing that the case would bulge a little. It wouldn't fire, I presumed from a very light firing pin strike. Once the correct ammo arrived, I tried it...same thing happened, No Bang. I surmised the problem could be a weak mainspring or short or damaged firing pin. I tried a trick of rolling up a rubber band and sticking it into the fork of the mainspring...that worked...Bang, bang, bang!

As the hammer mounted firing pin looked to be in good shape, I decided to order a mainspring from buymilsurp.com. dba\ Mark Kubes Firearms in Largo, Florida for $18. I just didn't trust the rubber band trick as a permanent solution.

Shipping options were first class mail at $4.39 or USPS Priority for $6.15. I chose the latter for quick delivery, knowing that the mail lady also delivers on Saturday. UPS does not. And a flat spring is so small and light anyway, it could be shipped in one of the post office's own free envelopes. USPS claims 2 day service, 3 at the very most for Priority mail. Kubes claims to have shipped on Tuesday the 22nd. My Saturday mailbox was empty so I emailed Kubes asking why the delay. My question:

"It appears I wasted $6.15 for PRIORITY SHIPPING, which the Post Office
claims is 2 days, 3 days tops. Imagine my surprise today when my mailbox
was empty after 4 days in transit. How long until you file a missing
package report?"

This is his reply:

"Are you kidding me?

Give it another day or so, it will show up.

If your (sic) stressed & aggravated this easy over a day or two & a couple of
bucks, Maybe you should not own guns"

It did finally show on Monday, the 27th. To which my reply was:

"I don't kid.

Since I requested and paid $6.15 for Priority Mail but you spent $1.34 and
sent it First Class Mail, do I get the difference
credited to my VISA card?

Was this just an unfortunate glitch or is this your normal way of doing
business?"

I got no reply. A few days later I filed a claim with the Florida Better Business Bureau.
Certainly, the monetary amount isn't a matter of life or death. It's the principle. Is this a scam that hundreds or even thousands of customers get bilked?

After going back and forth through the BBB, he finally relented and refunded the difference between first class postage and Priority mail...Your $$$ has been credited. ES&D

I couldn't believe it! Right there on the BBB form...ES&D!!! Can this mean anything else?

It was refreshing to hear MidwayUSA's, Larry Potterfield saying on the Outdoor Channel, Thanks for your business. It seems Mark Kubes is unhappy that I uncovered his scam. Now everyone knows. All I ever expected is to get what I paid for. He claims..."My position is he is being rediculous. (sic) 5 days from order to receipt-... NO PROBLEM"

He still has never stated why my spring was mailed via first class instead of Priority Mail.

I welcome all comments, favorable or flaming.