Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Buymilsurp.com--scam artist

USPS priority mail is $4.95 for anything up to a pound. If his rate for priority was $6.15, then he's charging "shipping & handling" or s&h, which is not unusual. most vendors add in a few dollars for the envelope/box/packaging costs. ebay sellers seem to be the worst offenders for overcharging for shipping to make up for what appears to be a lower cost up front.

And like schr8er said, if you paid with a credit card and you're that upset over the extra $1.76, place a dispute with them on the payment and they'll deny that amount of payment to him.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

Ordered item from buymilsurp.com. Paid $9.45 for Priority shipping on April 17th. Notified by Mark Kubes by email on April 20th that the item had shipped Priority mail. 10 days later .... still no package. Emailed 4 days after item was supposedly shipped and got the reply "It will be there."
    I have emailed Mark 4 times since... no reply. I have called multiple times and get "mailbox belonging to Mark Kubes is full" Looks like the BBB is going to have to be my route too!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    This is off the "buymilsurp" dealer, but the sellers on Ebay are noted for this scam.Post will say $10. for shipping and arrive with a $1.50 worth of postage on the envelope. I do realize it cost some $$$ to get to the post office but they usually send more than one package and some have the mail guy pick up mail at there door. Just the cost of doing business I guess.
    Shippng and handling almost always run way more than the actual money paid to USPS or UPS. I've always looked at it as part of the price (ECON 101)

I ran into something similar with a mail order vendor of camcorder accessories. They overcharged me by a dollar. Even back then, a dollar wasn't much but the company struck me as shady. I called and they got pissed. "It's only a buck!" I replied, "If it's only a buck then you shouldn't argue about sending it to me." If they rip off 100 people a day for $1, that's an extra $25,000 a year (assuming five days a week).

Another interesting scam happened to me at a camera shop in a mall in Daytona Beach. I was visiting my in-laws and we went to the mall one evening so I popped into the camera shop. I wanted some filters for my video camera so the clerk drags out a bunch of filters. One set of three was attractively priced and two of the three were the filters that I was looking for so I bought the set. When I got back to my FIL's place, I looked at the set and realized that one of the filters was not what it was supposed to be. I called the shop and they said, "Oh no, that filter's not in the set. He must have shown it to you seperately." The guy pulled the filters out of a boxed set and then got me a new package. FIL was right there and heard everything. I said, "I'm headed out of town can I mail you the package." Nope, we don't take deliveries here, they have to go to the main office but we won't give you that address. So I left the package with my FIL for him to return, he said they were ticked when he came in. I contacted both the BBB and the AG. Next trip to Florida, the shop was no longer there.

Hmm...looks like Mark might be getting behind, or slipping. A quick google reveals:

anyone dealt with buymilsurp.com?
    « Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 10:59:53 PM »

I've had one good, one maybe-bad with them.

Good - I bought a VZ-52 handguard and mag from them. Arrived just fine.

Maybe-bad - I bought a barrelled receiver from them on gunbroker, and arranged a transfer with my local FFL. Never happened, a few months later buymilsurp refunded me my money because they never received FFL info.

Now, they claim they did their part and called up my FFL, my FFL claims they sent a copy of their form to buymilsurp. One or the other end screwed up, and I think it was probably my local FFL. But either way, I'm out the $87 in state fees and handling charges for a gun that I never got.

Logged TheGunWiki.com : in need of a few good articles
    If you're in CA and haven't heard how to get an AR or AK legally, read this!
    dreel82 Guest

anyone dealt with buymilsurp.com?
    « Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »

I ordered a 30 round detachable and a aftermarket stock but!!!

the mag i ordered was pictured and advertised as a USA magazine inc.
    IT WAS A JUNKY PEICE OF SH*T IT WAS NOT A USA IT WAS ONE OF THEM 2 FOR $25 crappy mags

the stock i ordered was advertised and pictured as a choate conventional stock it was an ugly ass ati monty carlo

my .05 cents screw them
    http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=8136.0

Somebody knows if Buymilsurp.com are closed the business ??
    From 12/20/2008 do not answer to the questions from the customers and do not delivery products.
    If some people can contact with Mark Kubes in the phone number 727-535-9803 and confirm if the enterprise is operative or not, I'll appreciate his/her help. I'm writing from Spain.Thanks
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/oth...m-madness.html

Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedlinehobbies
    Ive bought some from Kubes firearms on Ulmerton rd . Last time i stopped by , He wasnt as cheap as he used to be , But its worth a shot .

Kubes? As in "Mark Kubes"? The same place that has been robbing people on-line? IF it is, I've been taken for over $120 from them, and I know of some others on different forums who have had the same problems - and in one case for many hundreds of $$$. They do not answer their phones (I FINALLY found their phone number), do not respond to emails, or anything else.

Sorry, I'm just really miffed with them.

The website is www.buymilsurp.com - AVOID IT.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...136-post5.html

And his ebay store:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Mark-Kubes

His user name plugged into Toolhaus (http://toolhaus.org/ -- strips all positive feedback & displays all negs & neutrals...try it)

Note the difference between Ebay and Toolhaus.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by onefunzr2 View Post
    http://www.buymilsurp.com/

ES&D...can I interpret this any other way than the vulgar, "Eat Shit and die?"

After going back and forth through the BBB, he finally relented and refunded the difference between first class postage and Priority mail...Your $$$ has been credited. ES&D

I couldn't believe it! Right there on the BBB form...ES&D!!! Can this mean anything else?
    LMFAO! I'm sorry but i find this hilarious. And i cant believe he had the balls to put that on the form.

(Allegheny County)

Gotta wonder if buymilsurp is tied in with "Florida gunworks"...

I ordered from buymilsurp.com on Saturday and my order shipped yesterday. However, this morning I was charged $359 for a chargemaster scale from a different gun website. I’ve only ever used my card on cheaperthandirt.com and buymilsurp.com for gun products. I’m wondering if he’s taking card info and re using it. I was able to find out that the order for the chargemaster scale was going to 1919 runnels st in Houston TX 77003. (Gov assist housing)

(Chester County)

9 year necro thread? New record?
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Yep - I searched for buymilsurp.com scam and found this thread. I figure if it’s users are still alive they may have had the same thing happen to them. I’ve only ever used my card here and there so it would either be cheaper than dirt a well renowned gun vendor or a flake Floridian scamming people. My guess is option two. Purchased a friggin $359 powder scale on my card I bet to resell on his website.

Brings back memories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast