Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Public School Indoctrination aka Environmental Religion

Since Indoctrination has worked for Liberals before, here comes more

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,489591,00.html

Default Re: Public School Indoctrination aka Environmental Religion

Fries my bacon! And to think our taxes pay for this tripe.

(Montgomery County)

1) All interaction with young children is, effectively, indoctrination. "Don't pull Suzie's hair" is an indoctrination on social roles and behavior toward others. In some circles, "smack Suzie around a bit if she doesn't give you what you want" would be preferred.

2) On no. Don't waste, and make as much use as you can with what you have. Just plain smart.

I'll skip the global warming debate other than to say if the harsher predictions come true we are royally screwed. Some societal behavior modification (i.e. resource efficiency) is probably cheap insurance.

For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? asked Dr. David Gee, chairman of the 2008 International Geological Congress science committee.

(Allegheny County)

I understand that the issue of anthropogenic (human caused) global warming is a contentious issue for a lot of people, but I don't see the big deal concerning the other parts.

It was traditional conservative values when my grandma told me things like "waste not want not", reuse things instead of throwing them away, had us turn off the lights when we left the room, and pinched pennies and taught us to live within our means. Is that really particularly different from the modern 'liberal' values of recycling, using more efficient devices to conserve energy (gas, electricity), and generally living less wasteful lives?

And as far as hugging trees and saving polar bears, environmental conservation is a pretty important issue for those engaged in things like hunting, living off the land, and who generally appreciate the rural lands they live on. I don't necessarily see liberals and conservatives at odds on these kinds of issues. If I recall correctly old Teddy Roosevelt helped to create the conservationist movement, and created the national park system, precisely because he was an avid hunter and sportsmen and wanted to help preserve that way of life.
    Last edited by eXceLon; February 7th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Cripes! Can we please stop saying "global warming"?! The correct term is "climate change". Contrary to what MSM and the knee-jerk environmentalists always spout, not all of the earth is warming. Some parts of the earth have experienced warming while others have experienced cooling.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    Cripes! Can we please stop saying "global warming"?! The correct term is "climate change". Contrary to what MSM and the knee-jerk environmentalists always spout, not all of the earth is warming. Some parts of the earth have experienced warming while others have experienced cooling.
    Fair enough. But it is kinda like "Kleenex" any more.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Giddyupgo View Post
    For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? asked Dr. David Gee, chairman of the 2008 International Geological Congress science committee.
    Either way you know .... but maybe we should be saving as much of our fossil fuels to burn when it gets colder.

Like lots of large scale processes climate, is variations (cycles) superimposed on other variations.

Waste is never smart!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    It was traditional conservative values when my grandma told me things like "waste not want not", reuse things instead of throwing them away, had us turn off the lights when we left the room, and pinched pennies and taught us to live within our means. Is that really particularly different from the modern 'liberal' values of recycling, using more efficient devices to conserve energy (gas, electricity), and generally living less wasteful lives?
    For items sther than glass you should research to see how much energy is needed to recycle compared to making new. You may be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Fair enough. But it is kinda like "Kleenex" any more.
    Unfortunately, you're right. Misinformation is big business these days. People hear something so many times that they just assume it's absolute truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast