Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I live in Lehigh County...does anyone know me (for my LTCF references)?

Quote Originally Posted by AFARR View Post
    Might be a good excuse to get together for some shooting and a meet/greet!.
    Are you nuts.... all them Rightwing Extremists carry guns openly, someone might get killed.

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I live in Lehigh County...does anyone know me (for my LTCF references)?

I brought up that there were no statues or rules requiring the in county references and I was told that "this is lehigh county and we require it" I insisted that they process it for me anyway and they refused.

This goes back to my theory about people behind counters...they are often upset and mad...normally about lack of respect...

Anyway there didn't seem to be any recourse, so I rustled up two lehigh residents.

In this situation there isn't alot you can do but work the system.

(Indiana County)

Time for a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Attorney General, the County Commissioners, and both your State Representative and your State Senator.

True, it may not accomplish anything, but it'll let them know how you feel.

(Lehigh County)

just as an FYI I received my CCW/LTCF card in the mail on 9/27. I submitted on 8/20 so that is 27 business days. Not bad

(Montgomery County)

If anyone needs a reference I will indeed fill the bill. However, you must answer two questions:

What is your favorite Smith and Wesson Revolver?

Are E-cigarettes good for you?

PM me with your answers and you get my info for a reference.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

So, to avoid any possible BS (rightly or wrongly so) from the office when I go to apply for my LTCF I should get 2 Lehigh resident references. Do they themselves have to be LTCF holders or can it be any regular plain ol' Lehigh resident? Can my brother-in-law be one of the references or is that just not going to fly as a family member?
    Sorry for the noob questions. I am trying to feel my way through this with the least amount of aggravation.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    So, to avoid any possible BS (rightly or wrongly so) from the office when I go to apply for my LTCF I should get 2 Lehigh resident references. Do they themselves have to be LTCF holders or can it be any regular plain ol' Lehigh resident? Can my brother-in-law be one of the references or is that just not going to fly as a family member?
    Sorry for the noob questions. I am trying to feel my way through this with the least amount of aggravation.
    Chip: Your location shows you're in Bucks County...why are you asking about dealing with Lehigh County?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Chip: Your location shows you're in Bucks County...why are you asking about dealing with Lehigh County?

Oops, yes you're right. I have to correct my profile, my old place was in Bucks and I frequently forget that I am just over the line in Lehigh now.

Edit; Corrected.
    Last edited by Chip W; December 11th, 2009 at 11:26 PM.

(Lehigh County)

No , they don't have to be a LTCF holders, just a plain jane Lehigh County residents, heck, they can also be an "anti gun" if they chose to be. For the record, they never call my references, same guys for the last 3 renewals.

Lawrence county was the same way. When i went to apply they told me the references had to live in the county. Was a headache but i ended up finding two people. Butler told me the exact opposite as anyone in the country can be your reference. Maybe it varies from county to county. Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast