Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ginsberg had pancreatic pancer surgery today ...

Quote Originally Posted by stevieb92 View Post
    Yeah, and I am getting a $10 million dollar check in the mail today.
    It could happen-- don't forget, once justices get on the Supreme Court they can shift their positions on issues and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Two out of Eisenhower's three picks were supposed to be conservative but ended up being the most liberal justices in the court's history (Warren and Brennan)-- Ike later regretted making those appointments. Bush I's pick, Souter, has sided with the Liberals much more often the the conservatives. Sandra Day O'Connor was a Reagan pick, and although fairly conservative, she's sided with the Liberals a lot more than Reagan expected her to.

It's not unreasonable to think the reverse could happen with one of Obama's picks. Not likely, but it wouldn't be unprecedented if the President's pick for the court ended up having an ideological change of heart once on the bench.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    It could happen-- don't forget, once justices get on the Supreme Court they can shift their positions on issues and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Two out of Eisenhower's three picks were supposed to be conservative but ended up being the most liberal justices in the court's history (Warren and Brennan)-- Ike later regretted making those appointments. Bush I's pick, Souter, has sided with the Liberals much more often the the conservatives. Sandra Day O'Connor was a Reagan pick, and although fairly conservative, she's sided with the Liberals a lot more than Reagan expected her to.

It's not unreasonable to think the reverse could happen with one of Obama's picks. Not likely, but it wouldn't be unprecedented if the President's pick for the court ended up having an ideological change of heart once on the bench.
    Or despite our (understandable) paranoia and prejudice. He might pick someone who believes in all of the B.O.R., while picking someone to uphold the rest of the nine against the recent erosion by all three branches of Govt. Then again 2A might be a litmus test issue.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Or despite our (understandable) paranoia and prejudice. He might pick someone who believes in all of the B.O.R., while picking someone to uphold the rest of the nine against the recent erosion by all three branches of Govt. Then again 2A might be a litmus test issue.
    Might be? I mean he is screening his employees for FAMILY members who even own firearms. This Pelosi stain doesn't give a flying rat fuck about the Bor or the Constitution beyone being annoyed that it is an impediment to his absolute power. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    It's not unreasonable to think the reverse could happen with one of Obama's picks.
    It's unlikely that that'll happen. He's going to pick an Anti-Roberts or an Anti-Scalia. He (and the Party) can't afford to have the court shift further right, or they'll lose the abortion and gun issues, as well as AffAct and Gitmo. They need to maintain the current balance or shift it further left to accomplish their goals.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    It's unlikely that that'll happen. He's going to pick an Anti-Roberts or an Anti-Scalia. He (and the Party) can't afford to have the court shift further right, or they'll lose the abortion and gun issues, as well as AffAct and Gitmo. They need to maintain the current balance or shift it further left to accomplish their goals.
    Well, I did specifically say I didn't think it was likely, just not inconceivable.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Allegheny County)

I seriously don't think any pigs will be flyin' on this deal. The Omessiah is going to pick someone who will be worse than Ginsberg. IMHO.

He can't risk the possibility of one of the Justices he appoints to be pro-gun. That would really piss off Pelosi and Reid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12