Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default !!!!! Being Shot At and Mugged !!!!!

I CC and OC all the time, but if could not in this state. Ok, so I have a friend with a mustang cobra. He invited me to come down to Baltimore, Maryland for a group car drive down to scores. It was a great time. I could not begin to tell all of you the cars that I saw and would never drive Well, since it was a far drive we were going to sleep at his sister’s apartment in Maryland. It was late, about three in the morning, when we found the apartment. The apartment was one of those buildings that have a front door with floors and doors to separate apartment inside. He parked the car about two or three hundred feet away from the front door.

My friend got out of the car and started to walk to the front door while I was messing with papers and trying to put things back. I looked up to see that my friend was half way to the door, so I got out of the car to follow him. At this time I saw two black young males walking toward the front door. They were about eighty feet away and I am walking perpendicular to their direction. I grew up in the city, so at this time I was suspicious. I changed my walking direction and headed between parked cars. At this time I took out my pocket knife and held it in my right hand to be ready if something went down. At this time my friend had his foot in the front door. The kids still meet me by the front cars. I looked up and one kid had a handkerchief around his face, then I saw the hand gun being pointed at my face. At this time I was scared shit, so I turned around and run with the sandals on my feet that were not on tight.

I curved around a parked and that is when I heard a round go off. I run so fast my feet came right out from under me and I hit the ground so hard I was in a daze. When I rolled over to get up there was a gun about two feet from my face and these two punks standing over me. They told me to empty my pockets. One of the mother fu?kers took my money. When I thought this kid was going to shoot me and leave, I heard a whistle sound. I took notice that he heard it to, than they just took off running. My friend was on the phone with the police. When they came, I filled out a lot of papers. They never found the kids. I felt so helpless when I could not protect myself. Now that when I think back if I had my sidearm, I would have played it differently.

I would have held back by my friend’s parked car to see if they would change direction to me. If that happened I would have pulled my firearm so that they could see that I am armed and kept in mind that I can use the car as a barricade. I would think that at this time they would have just walked away. If they pointed there pistol at me, I would not have any problem with taking them both down. I would not feel the least bit of guilt either. I remember that I said I was going to tell this story in another post, so there you go.

AKA tat14cn
    Last edited by StovePipe; May 4th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: !!!!! Being Shot At and Mugged !!!!!

What part of MD were you at? I go to school in Frostburg (Western MD), but I had this damn state for not allowing law-abiding citizens to carry.

tat14cn...you should make several paragraphs to make the story easier to read...yeah...MD really SUX on gun laws

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tat14cn View Post
    (SNIP) I would not feel the least bit of guilt either.(SNIP)
    If you truly feel this way, than you should truly be happy that you were not carrying.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
    If you truly feel this way, than you should truly be happy that you were not carrying.
    When you have someone take your life in their hands and treat it as if it means nothing, feeling helpless and on the brink of death, then you can criticize my feelings.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hurley1718 View Post
    What part of MD were you at? I go to school in Frostburg (Western MD), but I had this damn state for not allowing law-abiding citizens to carry.
    Baltimore Maryland, but the apartment was in Columbus.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tat14cn View Post
    When you have someone take your life in their hands and treat it as if it means nothing, feeling helpless and on the brink of death, then you can criticize my feelings.

i agree..why feel sorry for someone who could have murdered you with that first shot..

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Cumberland County)

I dont know what your talking about... if I am going about my business and somebody put a gun in my face and I really thought that they were going to kill me... ESPECIALLY after hearing a shot go off... I would not feel any guilt killing both of them. They put themselves in that situation and doing so... they KNEW the risk.

(Lancaster County)

You could try suing MD, since in a way they put your life at risk because they did not allow you to carry your gun...
    Glad your ok!!!

(Monroe County)

If you truly feel this way, than you should truly not carry a firearm.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast