Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default For Women: "Sexual Assault: If you are confronted"

From Illinoise State Police website..

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/saconfronted.cfm

Fighting for your safety may be necessary. However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you. Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

* There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
    * Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
    * It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
    * Use your imagination and you can think of others.

The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)

If you must fight

Use of a firearm to protect yourself or property is not recommended.

* Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.
    * Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc.
    * Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.
    o parking lots
    o walking at night
    o waiting for a bus
    o elevators
    o other you will learn to recognize

Articles common to your handbag that make useful defense weapons.

* nail file
    * rat tail comb
    * teasing brush
    * pens and pencils
    * keys
    * anything rigid

Concentrate on these areas only when combating an assailant.

* groin
    * eyes
    * ears
    * nose
    * throat

You should not swing at an assailant. Roundhouse or overhand blows are easy to deflect or evade. Your movements should be made with all your strength, and should be straight jabs. Remember that screaming may be just as important to your defense as any weapon.
    Let me repeat that...

* Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc.
    Now, my personal experience dictates that there is some merit to saying women can't drive...

but this is insulting to say the least.

And Im not even a woman!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: For Women: "Sexual Assault: If you are confronted"

I can't believe these people can't be sued for giving out dangerous information.

It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
    Just reading this article brought a vurp from me.

* Use your imagination and you can think of others.
    Yes, I could close my eyes and go to a happy place, it will be about as effective.

There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby
    Because that baby will be a prime target for rape in about 18 years. They just want to keep a steady supply of victims.

Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc
    Where are the stats on this? Prove to me that it is more dangerous to have a gun VS getting beaten and raped.

Sorry, this is just making me mad.

Brian

(Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: For Women: "Sexual Assault: If you are confronted"

This is absurd in the extreme. If this is the type of law enforcement that you can expect in Illinois then I can assure you that I wil not be going there and I will do my best to ensure that my friends and family avoid that state as well.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Erie County)

Question Re: For Women: "Sexual Assault: If you are confronted"

I don't even know what to say

(Allegheny County)

My wife is in the half that would shoot his nuts off, stuff 'em in his mouth then...

Sad that sheep accept this drivel as fact without any hesitation. It could easily have read "99% of all women..." and it would have been just as accepted. Morons.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

what a crock!

from http://www.gunowners.org/wv26.htm

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance.

This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes, "Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.
    now i just gotta figure out how to send that to the ISP.

(Bedford County)

So lets get this straight....

A woman is being assaulted and she fires her gun at the criminal but misses and hits a friend or family member.

Some friend....thanks for the help!

The entire thing looks to me as if the ISP are more worried about guns on the streets than they are the protection of the women. Don't carry a gun, if you lose it to a criminal WE have to worry about it.

Tell your attacker you are pregnant and the baby is his...you'll never see the f**ker again.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    A woman is being assaulted and she fires her gun at the criminal but misses and hits a friend or family member.

Some friend....thanks for the help!
    i bet i know where they come up with that damn lie...er, statistic.

a fairly large percentage of rapes are committed by boyfriend, friend, neighbor, or relative.

so, the woman shoots the rapist--who happens to be her boyfriend, etc. then she later regrets having to have shot him...and the ISP counts that in the statistic of:

"Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc."

kinda like when the anti's count justifable self-defense shootings in the "gun homicide" rates.

(Erie County)

Propaganda like this is a very dangerous tool. I wonder what the rape victims in IL would think about this vs. having a gun to defend themselves. I would wager that 99% of them would choose being armed and never raped at all.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

At least in the homicide and gun injury deaths it has a footnote noting this, and also usually provides seperate statistics.

I am a guy, and I'm sorry. If my wife ever pulled the trying to throw up or using a teasing brush on someone I would beat her when she got home. BTW...WTH is a teasing brush? am I the only who's mind went straight to the gutter with that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast