Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Angry EAST COAST GUN SALES

ok so i was in the area today and decided to take the trip to east coast gun sales.... first from their website the place looks like 3 times the size that it actually is... second the guys working there wernt very friendly... 2 guys looked at me and didnt ask if i needed help or anything.... and the other thing i saw was alot of dirty/rusted guns... now obiviously they cant pick and choose their preowned guns but there was a very rusty rifle just sitting ther on a rack.... i was very dissapointed with thewhole trip... its kind of like going from cabelas to a gander mtn...

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: EAST COAST GUN SALES

Being a preferred customer at ECGS, I have no recollection of what you speak. One of the best supply of guns and supplies (and pricing) in the state. Just picked up some lowers there last week.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Cambria County)

Ya, im kinda mixed on ECGS. I have bought a couple of things there recently. I live very close and work in altoona so its convenient. One time, i'll be on the way in and the door will open for me(its the older gentleman that does it, think he owns the place) and he will say hello and ask what im lookin for and how he can help. and they are pretty helpful. and another time i will stand in there for a half hour and get tired of waiting and just leave. overall i can't complain though I got what i think are some decent deals there...only thing is that you can walk in there for a 12gauge and they will probablly tell you that a glock is better. That is my only complaint soe of the salesmen want to sell you what they want you to buy, not what you want to buy.
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Lehigh County)

i mena i cant say i would never go there again.... but i was just dissapointed with the service.... and that rusty rifle.... sheesh.... hahah.... i mean they had a good selection but if you look on the website they look like they are 3 times the size than they really are.. i try to not let one bad experience make or break how i look at something... if it occurs every time then we have a problem..

(Potter County)

I have to definetly have to disagree . I have bought alot of guns from them in the past month ie glock 21 , nighthawk custom talon and a colt commander.Not to mention the past 2 years. Their prices are the best and service is always good. I actually worked with one of the guys in Iraq. Not sure what rusty guns you are talking about . I alway parose the used guns and have never seen any rusted guns. Honestly their service and prices are so good most of the shops cant compete. I think most of them a very technically and tactically proficient. Last they must be doing something right ,building a bigger store and I have never seen a CLASS3 selection like they have anywhere. Cant imagine what you would think of pioneer or not to mention allegheny .
    Last edited by BKeen; February 4th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

(Blair County)

I have dropped alot "ALOT" of cash and no trades there without a hitch. I have had to get some of the new guys accustomed to my ways but Vince, Justin, Terry and I hate to admit Paul have treated me very well. On the other hand I always "traveled" to buy until they opened. I see little sense in polishing a used Savage or run of the mill Marlin lever gun, they might have 75
    bucks in. Can't polish a turd ya know. I could never deal with anyone local other than Campbells until East Coast. Old Ken that opens the door is one of the investors and one hell of an accomplished hunter, everyone should try to learn something from him.

I think it would get pretty annoying dealing with ninja wanna be's all day along with all of the other let me see this and that which I have no money to buy guys.

That has been my experience there thus far. If at any point I get bad service there I'll move on if they can't resolve it.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Allegheny County)

I drive past ECG during my work day and often stop in to browse. Can't say I've ever seen any rusty used weapons, maybe one that was traded in dirty I believe, Sig P229 if I recall. As far as service, I've had stellar service there the past 4 purchases. Only once was I in there and couldn't get service, however there were only 2 guys working the counter at that time and about 6 customers before me. I've found most of their prices pretty hard to beat, at least when comparing them to other shops much closer to my hometown.

(Bedford County)

I just picked up a S&W 638 there on Tuesday. I couldn't have been happier with the service or selection. There price was also $33 cheaper than the closest competitor. I will definetly be a return customer.

(Cambria County)

I think of ECGS like I do Wal-Mart, I don't like them but you can't beat their prices. If you walk in knowing what you want and have a great knowledge of firearms, you have a vagina and boobs, or you have the right last name, you are Golden. I own 2 pistols from there and have no complaints about either one, but I will throw out that most of them have no people skills. I will continue to spend my money there, but will always check other places first.

I've visited ECGS about a dozen times on the way to meetings for work and think that it is a decent shop. The prices on some of the guns are good but my local dealer sells at about $25 over his cost so I've never purchased a gun at ECGS. I have bought defense ammo, and some reloading components but that has been about it. Their reloading equipment is overpriced and can be had must cheaper online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast