Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Question Would YOU like to make your own guns?

Check this link out, I came across on the net.....

A reporter goes to the tribal area of Pakistan, to see the worlds largest illegal arms market. These dirt bags basically hang out all day copying any type of gun the want to. If you or I did that we'd be locked up faster than you can say- J Edgar wears pink polka dot dresses.

There's a whole world out there arming itself for jihad against us and the left wing doesn't want us to stockpile our own private guns. I'm sure they can handle it, just like on 9-11. Baloney.

http://www.influks.com/post1064.html
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Would YOU like to make your own guns?

I hope everyone knows this has been going on for ages. I think an awesome topic would be "How would you make your own gun" lol. I've had a couple ideas in my head lol

(Lancaster County)

Wink Re: Would YOU like to make your own guns?

3 axis milling machine, blu prints and some metal stock, I'd imagine.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by T Durdin View Post
    3 axis milling machine, blu prints and some metal stock, I'd imagine.
    Throw in an 8' Lathe and you can go for morter's and cannon also.

Rich W.

(Montgomery County)

actually, read the Small Arms Review article on the paki tribal and mountain workshops, they do as good, or better as the original factories guns from various countries, including eastern and western weapon designs, and they do it with hand tools mostly.

it's unbelievable what they make with files, hand drills, and parts from everything from other guns, to cars and aircraft.

they even harden various parts after they make them, and do heat treating, and all, including hot blue finishes.

don't think because a guy is wearing sandals, and and hand making copies of guns with files means that you are superior, OR that these folks are "dirtbags".

Contempt based on ignorance is pretty stupid, and basing thier intelligence, and or quality of their hand made product off thier manufacturing skills versus our western methods is also stupid.

these people were over run by western cultures, and like most native populations at the time, were prohibited from having thier conquerors weapons, so they made thier own.

You try making a copy of a S*W Model 10 revolver with hand tools, with only another S&W mod 10 to work from.
    they do it, and it works.

I know i couldn't do it.

these folks were hand forging swords and knives for a thousand years before this country even existed, they understand metallurgy in iron, steel, brass and such, and how to get the most from it....what they don't understand may be supermodern alloys, but you bet your ass they can learn.

further, it's 100% legal for you to sit down and make a handgun or rifle for your own use, it's even legal for you to make NFA items, excepting MGs, so yes, go ahead and try making them your own self, it's lawful.
    Last edited by JayBell; April 11th, 2007 at 02:35 AM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lancaster County)

Exclamation Re: Would YOU like to make your own guns?

Never said these folks aren't technically proficient.

It is a well known fact, internationally reported- the people in this area of the world are complicit with the Taliban and Bin Laden's network. This is where their terrorist training camps/ schools for indoctrination of poor Muslim youth are. I stand by my assesment of "dirtbags" of some of the people in the video.

And yes I believe that because he lives in a dirt brick structure or caves and wears sandals and is just generally dirty, and I live in a well planned modern civic environ that we are superior. Sorry.

I feel guys in a conflict zone, illegally manufacturing and exporting arms that will probably kill some American soldier are "dirtbags."

(Montgomery County)

problem is, these folks aren't making for export, just for thier own local use in the area, thats why they are mountain tribal workshops.

Pakistan is a fully modern country in some areas, they have a huge arms maker called POF, primarily manufacturing HK clones under license.

they have nuclear power, and nuclear weapons.

theres in excess of 75+ million surplus AKs alone on the arms markets, not to even bother mentioning all the other WWI onward rifles/pistols/other and ammo out there.

one reason why these small countries like afghanistan and pakistan are never conquered fully by outsiders is this amazing self reliance, and the ability to overcome almost any circumstance

sort of like how I hope America would be if we were ever invaded by foreign enemies.

I don't feel superior, just different...its only by luck and the grace of god that we were born in America, where we are lucky enough to have different standards of living.

the dirtbag terrorists, absolutely dirtbag criminals, but not everybody in the area is a terrorist, and you didn't make a distinction.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

JayBell, that S.A.R. article was great. I have a machinest back round and I know I could not do what they are doing with a fire, files, and scrap metal even if I had all the right equipment.

(Berks County)

Why can't you make your own guns?

I have been building them for years....as long as you aren't building them for resale or making full autos (manufacturing license required) and they are for your own private use...build away!

Now I am not building from scratch, but from parts kits to functional guns....many folks will take an 80% reciever and finish the machine work and build (AR's and 1911's are popular).

Totally legal.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Beaver County)

Reading this post makes me think of two old sayings:

1. Never underestimate your enemy.

2. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast