Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Weekend fun for the weekend of 1/30/2009

Hey All,

This past weekend was interesting. Friday Jon, Brad, and Myself all piled in Brad's Expedition and took a trip to Freedom Armory in York, PA to pick up Brad's new toy. He picked up an EDM Dragonov in .308. We go there about 20mins before closing time (Long drive from Lebanon). The freaking rifle is bad ass. While we were there I was looking around and had my eyes on a couple of items. I was going to pick up a Tec-9 as I used to shoot one when I was younger and don't see them around all the time. I made a comment to the guy like "I'd buy that but I think these guys want to get out of here" and the one guy responded with "Yea.....We would...". Pretty rude comment considering between the 2 guys I am in there with spent $4k in 2 weeks in that shop. That and they would have made another sale.. So I was going to buy a case of 45 ammo, I put case on the counter and waited for one of the 3 guys that were there to ring me up. After waiting for about 10mins, I figured they didn't want my business. I took the case of rounds, set it back and was ready to rock. At this time Brad is getting sorted out with the payment of his new rifle so we start walking out of the building when that was done. While we were walking out we had one of the guys right on heels rushing us out the door. We were pretty much forced out of the parking lot and when I checked the time at the truck, it was 8:00PM on the dot. Pretty screwed up considering the amount of dollars that have just passed hands.

So yea, the next time I go on my $5k spending sprees in a Gun shop, they will NOT be one of them. Screw Freedom Armory, I hate being snubbed/rushed out a door. What ever happened to working for business?

On a good note, I got chance to stop by Stubby's Saturday with nothing but good things to say about the trip. So Saturday I called Brad and Jon and got them to go on a gun shop run all around PA. We first stopped at Encks. Brad picked up some 50 AE ammo, and some 45 carry ammo. I picked some more 45 carry ammo as well, along with a cool ass paddle style mag holder which works great. Then we stopped by Richland, which even though it was a couple mins passed closing they let us come in. I ended up with case of .223 Silver Bear (700rds) for $215. Once that transaction was done we started our burn to Stubby's.

Stubby's was great! We called a head and Stubby told Jon for me to give him a call so I knew what he had in stock. The reason is another guy came in and cleaned him out of a lot of stuff and he didn't want me to have to make a worthless trip. We talked a little bit about what he has, and what I am looking for. So during drive down to Stubby's we stopped at burger king where not only did we score some grub, we got Brad a nice burger king crown which he kept on his head for the entire trip .

When we got Stubby's we BS'd for a little, then I started figuring out what I wanted. It was 20mins to close, and Stubby had B-day party to go to, yet he took the time to demo a sling for me, follow up on a lead for a 50 BMG for me, and even BS'd with us.

I ended up buying the following:
    1x Sling
    1x 20" Bull Barrel Upper rdy to rock with bcg and free float tube
    1x Springfield 4x14x56mm Govt Issue Scope
    3x Boxes of Hornady .45 TAP 230gr HP +P

As always Stubby and I think it is his brother were nothing but NICE and took the time for us. It was nice, considering we took the time to drive down to his shop. So with all of that said, Stubby will be getting a lot more business from me, including some FFL transfers, purchases, and some ordering. He is also seeing what he can find .308 ammo wise so I can't be happier.

Sunday we went shooting, and that's where I have to wrap up the weekend report because I have to roll to work. I will finish this later.

Until then,

PS> I just wanted to add, hell yes.... I am that freaking bad ass, time means nothing to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The typo in the title should be sorted)
    Last edited by Fr0sty; February 3rd, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Weekend fun for the weekend of 2/30/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    Hey All,

This past weekend was interesting. Friday Jon, Brad, and Myself all piled in Brad's Expedition..................

you made a time machine out of an expedition?
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    you made a time machine out of an expedition?
    More than that. Must be an extra-dimensional Expedition.

(Chester County)

It was the Delorean Edition. A new hybrid that advertises power in gigawatts instead of horse power.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Weekend fun for the weekend of 1/30/2009

I think he went back in time to January 1, 45 B.C and kicked Ceasar's ass, then traveled to the future 2/30/2009 had his fun, then back to January 1, 45 B.C and didn't kick Ceasar's ass thereby restoring "normal" time for the rest of us...
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    I think he went back in time to January 1, 45 B.C and kicked Ceasar's ass, then traveled to the future 2/30/2009 had his fun, then back to January 1, 45 B.C and didn't kick Ceasar's ass thereby restoring "normal" time for the rest of us...
    Truth....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    PS> I just wanted to add, hell yes.... I am that freaking bad ass, time means nothing to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The typo in the title should be sorted)
    Hell that's no fun. I like the idea of a February 30th ...

(Lebanon County)

good thing that ford was more realible than most fals i've seen recently......burn!
    it's only metal, we can out think it....