Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default New to the forum

Just thought I'd say hello. I'm new to the forum and new to guns in general. Went shooting for the first time in December and instantly fell in love with firearms just like I thought I would. So the next week I went out and bought my first gun. I got a Springfield .45 XD. I shot my friends at the range and had to get one so I did. I'm in the process of getting my LTCF, but gotta get out of work early one day to apply. If anyone has any sites or links as a how to for easy gun cleaning I would appreciate it, as well as any recommendations as to my first shot gun or semi-auto rifle, and which I should get first. Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to be an active member on the thread and chatting with some of you.

-Bill

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: New to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzle1985 View Post
    J I shot my friends at the range. Any recommendations as to my first shot gun or semi-auto rifle, and which I should get first.

-Bill
    You really shouldn't shoot your friends, at the range or anywhere else, you will run out of them much faster than you run out of ammo.

1st shotty, grab a Mossy pump.

1st SA rifle, grab a Ruger 10/22. Get new sights too, the factory iron sights SUCK. But that's the only downside.

Just my opinion.

Welcome aboard.

(Luzerne County)

Welcome to the forum.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Welcome to the site, Bill. You will find much useful information and a little useless information here. I would recommend getting a bore-snake for your pistol for cleaning the barrel, as well as a decent pistol cleaning kit with cotton swabs and a good gun oil. I soak my parts in odorless mineral spirits to disolve any carbon build up and let them air dry. Then I use a soft cotton cloth with gun oil on it to lube everything and reassemble and wipe with a clean cloth to remove the excess oil.

I will leave the shotgun/semi-auto debate for others, but if I had to choose, I would get the AR while I still could.

Welcome to the Forum

Youtube it
    ΑΣΦ

shotgun-get a remington or winchester...a 870 express magnum would be a good choice in my opinion. for a semi-auto rifle....get a ruger mini-14....shoots the same round as an ar-15 and you can buy a collapsible stock for it too, which looks killer. now ino you can buy that for an ar, but last time i checked the mini-14's were still way cheaper than an ar but at this point in time id definately get the semi-auto rifle next then the shotgun.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Dauphin County)

Welcome to the forum, Fizzle.

Remington 870 12 ga pump, wingmaster if you got the money. If you want a semi auto the remington 1100 is also a great gun. Get one that shoots 3in mags just because they are more versitile. AR 15's are awesome. Get one while you still can. Low recoil accurate and there are tons of parts and accessories. You can pick one up for around a grand. Ruger 10/22 is also a fun rifle, and they are a lot cheaper to buy and shoot. If you ever consider hunting, keep in mind you can't use semi rifles in PA. Congratulations on finally becoming a citizen. The XD is a great gun for the price, good choice.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Cumberland County)

Wecome to the forum. Im pretty new myself. Also one of the youngest here, Im sure.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franchi20/28 View Post
    You really shouldn't shoot your friends, at the range or anywhere else, you will run out of them much faster than you run out of ammo.
    dude, i just glanced at the post and saw only this!
    I really have to start reading posts before responding to them...

welcome to the forum Fizzle. for the shotgun i suggest going to a gunstore and checking out what they have on the racks and see if anything feels good, or go back to the range with a box of 12 gauge and ask people there what they are shooting, how they like them, and if you could give it a shot.

sorry that this guy talks funny, but it was just a quick search for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast