Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Any college students CC on campus?

If you were going to carry your firearm to a college campus, what measures would you take to ensure that your firearm wasn't discovered. For example, carrying in a backpack would certainly prevent one from printing but in the event you needed to draw quickly, your access would be limited. Likewise, an IWB may allow for easy access, but you be **really** brazen to carry using this method.

Any former students ever have any problems CC'ing on campus? Has anyone ever been approached by campus police/security about CC?

Be sure you don't admit to any CC on campus if you feel your identity could become jeopardized.
    Last edited by Thrust; February 2nd, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Any college students CC on campus?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrust View Post
    This is my first post but I've been lurking here for a good while. I'm just wondering how many folks carry on campus? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so I really don't forsee any problems. In reality I feel more than secure on campus, but I figure the folks @ Virginia Tech did, too. Better safe than sorry, in my book.
    Admitting to any activities clearly against college or corporate policies which could get you expelled/fired and/or put you in a situation where you may face disciplinary action is not a wise thing to do on a public forum. If your school has no policy against students having guns on campus, then as long as you have your LTCF I'd say you're making a wise decision. If neither case is true, I'd say you've got a lot to learn that isn't taught in college.

(Lehigh County)

This is my first post but I've been lurking here for a good while. I'm just wondering how many folks carry on campus? I have a SmartCarry which allows deep concealment of my Xd45C, so I really don't forsee any problems. In reality I feel more than secure on campus, but I figure the folks @ Virginia Tech did, too. Better safe than sorry, in my book.
    thought id let you know that facebook and myspace has been used to expel students for posting pictures of them consuming alcohol.... be careful as to what you admit online cuz im sure people could do the same here if you have any personal info up... on the other note.... i wouldnt advise getting caught.... im not saying that you are carrying but if you did and got caught your college career is pretty much done..... but other than that.. as others have pointed out... there is no law against it... just school policy's..

Notice I used the word forsee and didn't admit to actually carrying on campus

(Chester County)

Notice I used the word forsee and didn't admit to actually carrying on campus
    Actually, no. I didn't notice. Did you notice I xxxx'd out your words to give you the chance to edit your post? If that's you're best defense against admitting to violating school policy, you really should stop now, and in the future not ask others if they disregard school policy should they not be as clever as you in their choice of words.

(Northampton County)

Nope, I would never carry to a state school (you know, funded by taxpayer money and an extension of the state, therefore pretty much a state institution and thus should be protected by preemption), even if I had to go to classes in the center of a city known a few years back as the home of the first homicide of the year.

Remember, guns are bad, and the unarmed security officer in charge of protecting the entire campus will be able to protect you instantly should the occasion arise in which your life or the lives of others are threatened, just like at that college in Chicago last year. The front desk staff who are behind locked doors and bulletproof glass are merely behind such barriers for aesthetic reasons, not because there is any real threat to the student. But just in case, uh, give the violent attacker whatever they want, and hope they don't harm you in the way they are threatening. By carrying a gun, you introduce violence onto the streets... I mean, why would you want to make a criminal's job more dangerous/difficult?

(The only reason that writing the previous did not make me throw up in my mouth is that I am rather still intoxicated due to celebrating the Steelers' non-loss. Otherwise I probably would have...)
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

If you support CC on campus, join up with Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) and see if you can make some progress at your school. We have a few leaders here are Drexel, but we are all seniors and too busy to really do anything unfortunately.
    Make sure you know your school's policies, and carefully weigh the consequences before you do anything.

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Bucks County)

i go to bucks county community college, and i have looked, and they dont have ANY easily found policy on weapons, be them firearms or otherwise. to the origional question, i dont cc on campus, but not by choice, im not 21 yet, so cant anywhere. but i can promise you that if i was an ltcf holder, and there was no policy against it, then i would
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Monroe County)

A night class I had last semester, criminal justice course, i asked the question. About half the class admitted without saying outright they were carrying on campus... funny thing is our professor really seemed to support it, without supporting it...

(Allegheny County)

While I never felt unsafe on campus at Penn State (assuming you go there by your location duh). You don't even have to make the stretch to the VT shootings, just go back and remember the shooting that happened on the Old Main lawn. I would say do whatever you want as long as you are ready to accept the consequences if somebody were to ever find out.

That being said, one of my best friends would always carry to class and around Oakland while he attended Pitt. Long story short he was walking back from class one night when a guy pulled a knife and demanded his wallet. He pulled his .45.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast