Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Bad Phone Experiences With America Sport Shooting

I've never been in there - and never will go now - but the two phone exchanges I had with the apparent owner of A.S.S. (a very fitting acronym) have been nothing less than rude and insulting. A few months back I had called there and asked about the price of a pistol - and I was asked to call back later when it wasn't so busy (this was on a Saturday). This I did not mind. When I called back on Monday I explained why I was calling and then listened to the apparent owner insult his employees for being lazy and leaving work for him (checking on my price I guess).

Well, I called back yesterday to see if they had a few holsters and other equipment I need and the same guy "answers" the phone but it sounded like he was talking to someone else in the background and had a mouth full of marbles. I said "Hello, is this American Sport Shooting"? The response was "yeah, that's what I said" in a very rude-azzed tone. I hung up and then went to the Army Navy store in Whitehall to spend a few hundred bucks on two holsters, a speed loader, a magazine, and ammo.

Is it just me being sensitive or have others had issue with the rudeness of A.S.S.?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Bad Phone Experiences With America Sport Shooting

Well, the owner has been known to frequent this board so maybe he will be able to give you a better answer.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Northampton County)

Yes, I remember seeing some of his posts around the time that someone drove a truck into his store. He seemed like a good guy from his posts but not so nice when I have briefly talked to him.

Whatever the case, there are too many places to spend your money on firearms and accessories. Anyone owning a shop should have more tact when dealing with customers.

(Lancaster County)

I've been to the shop three times, maybe four. It's a very, very nice place and the selection of new guns is pretty good. Their Glock prices were good, but EVERYthing else looked expensive to me.

(Lehigh County)

I've been there and also have bought a Bushmaster rifle and a shotgun from him, he's alright to deal with, his voice may not be the best from the phone but if you are not face to face, you may take it different way when talk to him on the phone.

My favorite place is http://gunrunner1000.com/ 30min from my place, does not have lots of handgun as Armerica Sport but.... it's the most friendly and trust worthy gun store I've found.

(Dauphin County)

Hehe..reminds me of Glenn's Gun Shop outta Annville. He was crap to speak with on the tele. Man had the phone appeal of my step-father...never said "bye" just hear a quiet space then a click! (Ok..see ya) lol. I got to know him and did many a fine deal with him in person. He always beat the hang outta everyone else on price and timelyness...think he might have even took pity on me..once. He still does dealing but is down to one day and his PC skills are lacking...poor me.

Go GunRunners! Wish you were within reach of the Burg
    Last edited by luckyned7; April 12th, 2007 at 10:01 PM.

I was visiting family a month ago or so and never had been there. The place didn't exist when I lived there. He was friendly to me, but his prices were way out of line. Since he visits this forum and I don't want to say which guns. On average the three that I priced were about 50 dollars above what I paid. Maybe he prefers to haggle. I don't. I don't want to act like I’m buying a car when gun shopping.

My experience has been that gun shops with fair prices last and ones that take advantage of uninformed customers don't. Only the greenest of gun purchasers
    get screwed buying guns and the rest don't patronize the store.

There are lots of city people moving to that area from NY,and NJ. Most have never been in a gun shop. Buyer beware!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Carbon County)

I must agree I had a similar experience with American sport(A.S.S. lol); I called to see if they had a certain gun in stock and the person was very rude, he said no and hanged up on me. I didn’t get a good reference from a friend that went there before, maybe I would get better service if I went there myself!

But not likely! First impressions are everything..

(Northampton County)

1. I don’t have the time to respond to this at this time. But I will quickly.

2. Siggy seems to have left out a part of the story that may make him look bad, convenient. How about learning how to use the phone and having it to your ear when you call someone. And F—K YOU than hanging up - is something I don’t respond well to. And you want to talk about Tact.

3. Gods country I would like to know what guns you are talking about because I am lucky if I have 18 % in most guns in my shop.

4. You can’t make everyone happy! I don’t make people come here. If you like another dealer and come here to make trouble stay out! I am tired of this!

5. I am one man with only 2 hands and work from 9am to 7pm Monday – Saturday by myself most of the time. So yes it is possible to get me in an off moment .

6. I understand and know my faults. I also know that customer service is the key to having a successful business. But I am not going to allow customers to run my business and I do not tolerate B/S and do not have the time for it.

7.SeaRider Thank you I hope all is going well for you

8.luckyned7 have I ever dealt with you ? Or you just posting to post ?

9. Lowkey24 I don’t ever remember hanging up the phone on anyone that wanted a gun from me . But I am not the only one that answers the phone . I would like to know more about this.

10. A.S.S. is by design guys come get a – piece at American Sport Shooting

Rich Flynn
    Owner
    American Sport Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    3. Gods country I would like to know what guns you are talking about because I am lucky if I have 18 % in most guns in my shop.

Rich Flynn
    Owner
    American Sport Shooting
    Dude this was like seven months ago. I've moved on with my life.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast