Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bad Phone Experiences With America Sport Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Posting to post looks like to me and talk about yourself LOL
    This whole thread just makes me want to run out and drop a grand with you.

Smile Re: Bad Phone Experiences With America Sport Shooting

Rich is a great guy. He works hard and mostly by himself. I've done bussiness with him several times and mostly he was alone. It is hard to run a shop and answer the phone with out loosing customers that that are standing in front of you.

One of the times I was in there. I was purchasing a Stag lower and we were having a conversation at the same time. Between the people coming in and the phone ringing. I was surprised at how well he was doing. He runs his bussiness in a very professional manner.

I would like to see how some you people would deal the some of the people and their questions that I've seen Rich deal with while I was in his shop.

I have no patience for stupidity. But, Rich sure does.

(Allegheny County)

I've helped a bud work a few gun shows and I couldn't believe some of the utterly stupid questions and the attitude that some of the people had.
    By the same token a dealer with the inability to handle pressure is a turn-off. Having said that it takes 2 for a rapport and if either one has issues then in my experience both walk away dissatisfied.
    What troubles me is that first time buyer who's looking for direction on a purchase or a long time gun owner has a tech. question or is just shopping for price and runs into a buzz saw.
    So having been on both sides of the counter I can see that I may have been too hasty in my judgment of Rich and for that Rich I do apologize. Although some tweaking might be in order.

(Lehigh County)

As I have said before, Rich is good guy to deal with. I've been an invisible man at a couple of local gun stores may be just because of the way I look but not Rich Flynn at American Sport Shooting, he treated me just like other customers who step inside his shop.

I haven't get a chance to go back there yet but I will some day. Rich may remember me when he see again.

Rich, I was a guy with the wife that throw her credit card down and makes me buy the BushMaster AR15A2.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
    As I have said before, Rich is good guy to deal with. I've been an invisible man at a couple of local gun stores may be just because of the way I look but not Rich Flynn at American Sport Shooting, he treated me just like other customers who step inside his shop.

I haven't get a chance to go back there yet but I will some day. Rich may remember me when he see again.

Rich, I was a guy with the wife that throw her credit card down and makes me buy the BushMaster AR15A2.

I remember you well! Your wife is my favorite customer. Make sure you come back with her . LOL! Hope all is well . And Thanks

Rich Flynn

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Good Experiences With America Sport Shooting

Rich is a great guy to deal with; he is professional, knowledgeable, and does a great job of juggling customers when he is busy.

I have bought a few guns from him since he opened plus ammo, reloading components, and other misc stuff. Also, I plan on picking up a rifle during the week that he showed me this past weekend and a "can" in the near future.

(Pike County)

I have purched two handguns at American since I moved to Pa, a Taurus PT111 and a S&W 442, good prices on both, nice guns, and good service for me. I will be back again when the wallet permits, and if that one little Smith is still there----.

I've bought a few things a couple differant times at American Sport Shooters. Once the wife and I was driving past and I figured I'd stop in to check the place out (first time there) Turns out the showroom was well lit, organized and everything was packaged and priced. I picked out two holsters and talked a little bit with the guys behind the counter, i asked them when they closed and the answer was 10 minutes ago. Oops, sorry, says me. No problem, come again says them. So I did. I bought my daughters 22 Marlin from them. They had it in stock, even though I had to apply the pink krylon to the stock. (felt guilty as hell doing that to a brand new firearm, but my daughter loves it) When I bought that rifle, the guy behind the counter didn't try to sell me anything else with it.....I kept asking for more crap.....rings, cheap scope, brick of ammo, spare clip, and a bore snake to try out. At no time did I receive unsolicited advice, rudeness or have to sit there while the owner and somebody else shot the breeze while ignoring me like at a nearby shop around the corner.

In short, I'm pleased with the products and service I've received there, and will be back. Even though I don't dump hundreds of dollars when I go there, everyone has been friendly enough for me.

(Berks County)

I shop there all the time. I purchase all my firearms from them. Their prices are better then the other gun shops in the area. I went in there to get a holster for my Springfield and they took the time to explain and show me the different holsters. I will continue to purchase from them
    The truth shall set you free.

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands

I can not wait until NJ sinks in the ocean and PA has ocean front property

(Monroe County)

I had to register for the first time after being told about this site and reading this.

I stopped going to A.S.S.
    1, Always complaining that he has two lazy workers. "I pay them for doing nothing but putting there fingerprints on the glass counter tops".
    2, If you buy from Rich he will treat you ok.
    3, If you stop by to shop and compare he will remember you in a negative way.
    4, Prices all around are a little high.
    5, Initially before 99% starting shopping in his store, he swore not to comment and get involved with the local competition crap. Well, he is in up to his knees now.
    6, He does exhibit a very cold & cautious attitude. Don't smile at him when you walk in. He will look like a mean person.
    7, Using A.S.S. for a transfer on a new firearm that he carry's will cost you dearly. Hmmm, Maybe you got a better deal out of state. Most FFL's really don't care. There making $25 just to accept the gun in and logging it out to you. His response to me was F??k that, I'll charge then $100 for the transfer.
    8, transfer fee for a firearm that he does not have or cannot get will cost you $35. Still to high. Yea, I know you said you had to pay your bills. Most are $25.
    9, I sometimes would bare witness to his comments on those coming in the store and those leaving. Why do that?

Bottom line is you should kiss our a?? for any business in your place.

Frank
    Last edited by targetrap; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:44 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast