Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Ever have a jerk unkowingly almost catch one?

For the record... if you shoot, and they're not breaking in or posing a serious threat to someone's life, you will be in serious trouble.

You should read this.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by xflyboy View Post
    mid sept 01 (couple weeks after 9-11) 10:30 pm someone begins beating on my front door sounded like they wanted to knock it of the hinges grab my beretta and cycle one into chamber where person at door can hear (figure sound would scare them if they meant harm). BTW i live in second floor apartment. person at door starts screaming to put the gun down to me while im inside the house i ask who it is only response is " put the gun down buddy" we repeat the cycle couple more times before he says "its the police" whom we never called. when i answer the door he starts asking is this the XXXXX residence i say ya he starts about on internet accidental 911 dial etc... finally comes down to he needs to tell my 7th grade son to call another officerr about a fight he saw after school. he then tells me i shouldn't answer the door with a gun "if you're scared call 911" i tell him he shouldn't beat on peoples door like he did either.
    Did you see a badge? The first response to your query "who is it?" should have been "Police Officer Sir !" The 10:30 PM visit for a witness interview of a 7th grader seems a little fishy too.

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    Did you see a badge? The first response to your query "who is it?" should have been "Police Officer Sir !" The 10:30 PM visit for a witness interview of a 7th grader seems a little fishy too.

You would think it would be rookie training 101. Who among us would disarm or lower our defense threshold because someone exclaims "put the gun down buddy"?
    Completely unprofessional. But I suppose we should recognize the authoritative voice of big brother.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

I was leaving on a vacation the next morning so I was out by the truck after dark packing. A neighbor sees me and decided that it would be funny to come up behind me and surprise me. The dog did not alert me because he knew the neighbor. He lowered his voice and said "stick um up and give me all your money".

It did scare me like wanted to but the result was not what he expected. I screamed and turned on him drawing my gun at the same time. Not planning I punched him in the face with the end of the barrel. (He was standing close).

When I saw who it was I really got mad and started to really scream at him like a Banshee. Others heard it and someone called 911. When the police got there I was still screaming at him and the officer tried to calm me down. After I told the officer what had happened he pointed out the neighbor had wet his pants and he still had the imprint of the gun in his forehead.

The office gave the man another chewing out.

The kicker is the neighbor knew I carry a gun.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    The kicker is the neighbor knew I carry a gun.
    I hate to say it, but the actual kicker is that the neighbor is a dumbass. Who in their right mind would do something like that to someone they KNEW was armed?
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

[QUOTE=Siobhra;48160]
    It did scare me like wanted to but the result was not what he expected. I screamed and turned on him drawing my gun at the same time. Not planning I punched him in the face with the end of the barrel. (He was standing close).

Amazing! I realize non gun people just don't get it, but do you have to pretend that the whole planet is a LEAVE IT BEAVER episode, and we live in gingerbread houses on lollipop lane. I truly believe some people just want to reject reality at all costs.

Upon a bit more reflection:
    I suppose the reason your neighbor pulled this stunt was because he knows that you carry and thinks it's silly. Decided to see how you would react. Thought you would faint or something. Didin't quite work out did it. Precisley why I tell very few people I carry. Dope! (your neighbor)
    Last edited by God's Country; April 11th, 2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: after thought
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Speaking of cops knocking at the door...

One night a couple of years ago I was dry firing my S&W 4006 while watching TV when I heard a knock at the door at around 10:30 at night. I put the Smith down on the coffee table and went to answer the door. I still had my Glock 29 concealed in an IWB on my hip.

When I opened the door I saw it was a local LEO and he asked me if I knew my neighbors next door. After talking with the cop about the neighbors for a few minutes, he said, "45?". I was a little puzzled by his question and I said, "excuse me." The cop asked, "That gun on the coffee table, is it a .45?" I told him, no, it's a .40 and I was dry firing it because I was getting ready for an IDPA shoot that weekend. He then asked me if I hunt and I replied that I did. With that answer he backed away, told me to have a nice night and dissappeared. I don't know if he saw my neighbor and went to talk to him or what.

It turns out the neighbor had missed several court dates and a warrant was out for his arrest.

It has never happened to me. I think that if you don't live a lifestyle like the mob or owe some money to the loan shark but can not pay up or dealing drug or living in a really bad neighborhood, then I would think that no one has a motive to really go out looking to do you harm. Why would they want to 'hurt' you?

With this, I am not totally naive either, I am aware but not paranoid. Answering the door while holding a gun behind your back sounds like one is really "hyper" or "nervous".......It is a shame because this is pretty much a free country but people seems to be afraid to go out, let alone opening their doors. he he he..........

1FingrCHan

(Fulton County)

Wink Re: Ever have a jerk unkowingly almost catch one?

its not paranoia if they are really out to get you

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    couldn't see badge, live on 2nd floor stairs have a 90 degree turn going to the front door. my boy did witness the fight after school on way home, it was just odd the officer came that late to have my son contact another officer next day.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast