Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Hi-Point reviews?

Anyone got any of the .40 cal or 9mm Hi-point models? I've heard alot of bad things. But a good things also. People say they are good for there price. An most expensive, I've seen is like $250. I want something that will do the job. I dont really like the plastic but hey. Till I can afford to get a nice Glock. An I mean $150 isnt to much of a waist of money. Just to practice with. An maybe carry for 2 months or so. Till I save for a nice glock.
    Last edited by Mike717; January 31st, 2009 at 02:08 AM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Hi-Point reviews?

This is the best review of high points I have ever seen or read.

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/14...dark-side.html

(Cumberland County)

lol... Smart ass replys. I was hopen for some real talk. They are cheap. Yeah. I dont expect much but for some plinking an to carry rather then nuthing. I dont see what harm. Least it didnt misfire when he was shooting it after all that. lol. But, For 150 i will give it a try. Might leave it sit in the safe afterwards but hey, cant say i didnt try. As long as it gets ammo down the range. That thread makes it seem like its a toy. Just because its plastic it still dangerous. Plus its American made. Whats it say about american? If everyone going to bad mouth it? lol. Ill go buy one to see if its trash. An if it is. Next month Ill get a " real " pistol lol. With the 300+ I saved from buying that.
    Last edited by Mike717; January 31st, 2009 at 03:21 AM.

(Beaver County)

I'm not knockin the gun, I'm just sayin.

And what's wrong with a little fun on the side. Alot of folks like them, and haven't had issues with them other than their bulky. Get past that, then you're good to go.

(Cumberland County)

lol yeah. I soppose so, I just want some to shoot down the range that isnt going to cost a hunk of change lol. Till I save up some more cash. But they were deff. Knocking them hardcore in that forum. Which I see why. lol. I prob would to if I had some nice guns. But, Not on that level. That was a little to much. But, kinda funny

(Lawrence County)

The whole point of that thread was to make light of guns in general, not just Hi-Points... I shot the Hi-point that was featured in that thread, it handled nicely... It's mainly a difference between competition shooters and those of a more tactical mindset... In competitive shooting, many people spend thousands on their guns, while others believe that bone stock is the way to go. Competitive shooters do their best to be as fast and accurate as they can, while the people favoring tactics follow the "Slow and steady wins the race" point of view... It's not meant to bash Hi-Points in the least, it's all just a farce... lol

I'm going to bed now, had one too many tonight... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Cumberland County)

Lol okay, It seemed they were dissing on hipoint an I saw alot of people backing them plastic guns up lol. I heard there really acurate an have low recoil for better rapid fire shooting. Not saying like 8 rounds within 3" at 25 yrds or nuthing lol.
    Last edited by Mike717; January 31st, 2009 at 04:21 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Here is my review > > > >
    You want a gun to shoot until you can afford a Glock, That is all fine and good, It will keep you spending $ on the hi-point and then ammo at $20 a box. So you spend 150 + tax and PICS call,ect, We will call it $200 for the gun in hand, Then 5 boxes of ammo while saving for your Glock, Say another $100.
    So $300 bucks so you can shoot while saving for the Glock, Thats $300 BUCKS you have to save AGAIN ! ! ! !
    You are almost there! I bet you I can Pick up a really fine used Glock TODAY for $400 bucks.
    Lets say you buy the Hi-point and save for the glock, You will be shooting more than 100 rounds, and that's more money, And then 6 months from now you have the Glock and the Hi-point, You try and sell the Hi-point, And try againl., You finally get 75 bucks for it!
    Keep in mind I dont like eather of the two choices, But I do love MONEY, And I would hang it out a few more days and get the gun you will want by your side,,,,,,,,
    Do what you want, But your Glock is all that much further away once you spend the 3-4 hundred buying and shooting the paperwweight.
    Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike717 View Post
    lol... Smart ass replys. I was hopen for some real talk. They are cheap. Yeah. I dont expect much but for some plinking an to carry rather then nuthing. I dont see what harm. Least it didnt misfire when he was shooting it after all that. lol. But, For 150 i will give it a try. Might leave it sit in the safe afterwards but hey, cant say i didnt try. As long as it gets ammo down the range. That thread makes it seem like its a toy. Just because its plastic it still dangerous. Plus its American made. Whats it say about american? If everyone going to bad mouth it? lol. Ill go buy one to see if its trash. An if it is. Next month Ill get a " real " pistol lol. With the 300+ I saved from buying that.
    Actually, if you make your way through that thread, you'll find out that the frigging POS of a gun just keeps working and working and working. Way better than you have a right to expect out of a gun like that.

Hi-points aren't pretty, sophisticated, or all that desirable. Unless you are really poor, and can't afford anything better with which to protect your family. Then you get a brand new gun that works, which means it goes bang when you pull the trigger with a great deal of regularity. Which is all you can ask.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Berks County)

I only owned a Hi Point for a few days - bought it to basically sell it. It was big it was bulky it was ugly it was heavy - but guess what it went bang. If thats all your looking for then by all means go for it. However, if you do think your going to be buying another pistol in 2 months - why not just wait and save the cash? Thats what I would do. And if you don't want to spend $600 for the Glock why not look into other decent models such as S&W?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast