Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Shops in Lancaster

You'll like it there. Keep in mind that pretty much anywhere you go there are inventory problems. The shops just cant get the guns like they used to. The manufacturers are working overtime, but the consumers are buying them DOUBLE overtime.

What are you looking to buy?
    NRA Member - XDM 9MM Proud Owner

(Lancaster County)

I went to Outback this morning for the first time. Nice shop. Not as much inventory as some of the others. I got tired of shopping for a new carry gun and ended up buying something not even on my list. Taurus 24/7 9mm in Stainless. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I love just looking around as long as I am not planning on buying something. I needed a new 9mm and Jason talked me into the Taurus. I've heard good and bad. but it seems that the bad is rare, but the story tellers are just much louder. I was planning on an SR9. They did not have any and they dont seem to be a Ruger shop. I think this gun is smaller. They might have been $20 higher than the cheapest guy, but I liked the service and I like to support the family owned businesses. So now I need to get the gun to the range and try it out. Maybe this week. Next, I need a low end shotgun for busting some clay and home defense. I have not owned a shotgun in 20 yrs. I do not hunt and this year has been very tight on the finances. Thanks for the rcemmendation on Outback, it was a good experience. Next I want to check out Wolfs. I was surprised to hear that someone didnt like Trops. They've got a great inventory and seem to treat you well as long as they are not too crowded to wait on you.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackHawk View Post
    Next I want to check out Wolfs. I was surprised to hear that someone didnt like Trops. They've got a great inventory and seem to treat you well as long as they are not too crowded to wait on you.
    It was I who did not enjoy my firearm purchasing experience with them. Wolf's is excellent and they really take care of their customers...

I have begun to change my views on Trops, I returned 2 times and was helped by 2 different people each time. I am beginning to believe that I ran into someone who wasnt having a good day my first time in...

(Berks County)

Trops has had a change in management- I have been treated well there my last several visits, and plan to return. Pretty good for a guy who swore to never set foot in there again about 2 years ago. Still kinda think Avery's a little scary though....
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Trops has had a change in management- I have been treated well there my last several visits, and plan to return. Pretty good for a guy who swore to never set foot in there again about 2 years ago. Still kinda think Avery's a little scary though....
    I swore I wouldnt go back until I realized they had ammunition and noone else did. So I grazed in and was pleasantly surprised from the first few times I was in.

(Lancaster County)

My only complaint is I couldnt get waited on in the pistol dept. 2 guys and 7 customers. It looked like the rifle guys were just standing around. I do like their selection and their prices are fair.
    Where is Wolf's? I'd like to check them out this weekend.

The Sportsman's Shop in New Holland
    http://www.thesportsmansshop.com

(Lancaster County)

I used to buy ALL my guns from the Sportsmens Shop. I've recently emailed them a couple times with questions, got no reply. So I figured they really didnt have much going.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackHawk View Post
    Where is Wolf's? I'd like to check them out this weekend.
    On route 72 in Manheim, Pa. It's right below the Renaissance Fair and the Turnpike.

Let me know if you need anything else.

The old man there is a trip and some of the items in his store are from the 70's. LOL - that being said if he doesn't have a gun or certain ammo that you want he will special order it. And his prices are pretty good.

(Lancaster County)

I actually just eye-balled it today on my way back from Shyda's. I'm going to try to stop in there on Saturday. How is his used selection? I'm looking around at long barrel 45LC revolvers. I hope we get a nice weekend to do some shooting.
    Thanks for the info.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast