Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default "Not so" Instant-Check

The mother loving Instant check system was down tonight!

I was trying to call since about 6:10pm and the dern thing was down to about 8:20 tonight. Had a bunch of guys here tonight waiting to pick up their new toys. Two guys couldn't stay and rescheduled. Ya know, if they are going to force us to use that system, make the friggin thing work!!!!

End of rant....go about your evening.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Erie County)

Default Re: "Not so" Instant-Check

This really needs to be something the PAFOA should push for. Removal of PICS to the NICS system thus dropping the PSPs illegal registry.

(Philadelphia County)

what i don't understand is why our carry permits can't bypass nics like some other states can

(Montgomery County)

the reason we can't bypass the PICs is due to the way the law is written.

basically, pre PICS we could cash and carry with a permit, once they got a "stronger" system in place, meaning more recent background check with PICs, the cash and carry with the permit went away.

it's a PA law, just liek other states like AZ have laws that say 'valid CCW permit, cash and carry"
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Berks County)

Is there any money involved in the funding of this system? Does our $3 fee go into a fund to run it?

If so don't hold your breath on it getting better, stand by for it to get worse, rEd Rendell will siphon off any money he can get his hands on to send to Phillthydelphia....just like with the Penndot cash for SEPTA.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    The mother loving Instant check system was down tonight!

I was trying to call since about 6:10pm and the dern thing was down to about 8:20 tonight. Had a bunch of guys here tonight waiting to pick up their new toys. Two guys couldn't stay and rescheduled. Ya know, if they are going to force us to use that system, make the friggin thing work!!!!

End of rant....go about your evening.
    Man, you need to calm down.

I'm sure it was because the operators were busy dispatching SWAT teams to crack down on straw purchases. We must shut down dealers who (allegedly) allow this practice to continue and immediately arrest those involved (allegedly) in the sale and/or transfer of illegal guns. Swift and extreme punishment is the only way to put an end to this plague on our society! Those making the illegal purchases, however are victims of society and since the prisons are already overcrowded, it would be best to ignore their attempts to acquire guns illegally as it would only create additional paperwork and everyone knows that the real problem is those who hold FFLs...

errr... sorry. seems like Mayor Bloomberg is testing his new mind-control ray this morning!

What I meant to say is that there was probably just a problem with the computer system and if we were to add a tax of $50 per firearm transfer we could better fund a program to eliminate these dangerous...

DAMN! He did it AGAIN!
    It was probably just... AAAAAAHhhhhhgggggg!
    NO... I WON'T SAYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh! AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

Gasp. Gasp. Cough.

Anyone know where I can buy TINFOIL in bulk?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Emptymag - you ain't right!!! (grin)

Seriously, there's hope on the horizon for holders of LTCF here in PA when buying more firearms not having to go through another NICS/PICS check....

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...purchaser.html

(Carbon County)

Those of you who want the cash and carry back...Think about it.

The whole idea is to treat EVERYONE fairly. LEO's are always treated as "privledged" and now under PICS they are no different than Joe citizen....As it SHOULD be!

Besides....you STILL would need to check the validity of a LTCF or a LEO's identity to PROTECT the GUNSHOP from LIABILITY! A LTCF or LEO ID could be stolen or forged!

PICS/NICS eliminates doubt as to you CURRENTLY being a law abiding citizen.
    What if an individual...private citizen or LEO has an active warrant... yet still has their ID? Things happen...domestic disputes, etc...people including LEO's snap...desperate people do desperate things...If their "stockpile" of weapons is at their home and its secured...PICS/NICS keeps them from re-stocking and going nuts.

Besides ...In PA some of our counties STILL use paper with no picture....there is no consistant state LTCF ID....each Sheriff does it their own way. I kinda like that since its more under local control...unless of course you're in Philly! NICS/PICS prevents any embarrassment over scrutiny of ID, etc

I also prefer a PICS over NICS since I really dont trust the Feds and their control over their database. Some Anti-gun idiots in Congress could pass a law that if you owe $ to IRS or have some parking tickets, bogus child support dispute or some other similar BS excuse they can label you a criminal and stop a purchase through NICS...even if you are disputing the claim.

PICS despite the illegal PSP database is more under local control....thats not iDEAL but its currently the best way. We just NEED to settle the PSP illegal database...through a Law clarifying the illegality, or revoke the PSP folks pensions, or dig up dirt on those in PSP charge to get them to "co-operate" with the law, etc
    Last edited by Archiver; April 13th, 2007 at 12:14 AM.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!