Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question about Pa. ltcf application

I already have a Fla. permit. Pa sks for info on any other firearms permits on the ltcf application. Does Pa. have access to your licence info from other states?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Question about Pa. ltcf application

Is it worth risking a prohibiting offense if you lie and are caught?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I don't have anything that would prohibit me from getting a Pa. ltcf, I got the Fla. permit first becuase of my frequent travel to Delaware. I was just curious as to Pa. access to other states licensing records and that i would rather not disclose that information.

I don't think gnbrotz was saying that you might have a prohibiting offense for PA now, but if you are not truthful about another state's permit/license, THAT would be lying and that would be illegal...because when you sign the app, you swear all is correct and truthful

(Indiana County)

Does Pa. have access to your licence[sic] info from other states?
    Pennsylvania knows absolutely nothing about any licenses you may have in other states - unless you tell them. And, since the Pennsylvania application doesn't ask, you have no requirement to inform them of such.

Don't sweat it. This isn't New York or New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Pennsylvania knows absolutely nothing about any licenses you may have in other states - unless you tell them. And, since the Pennsylvania application doesn't ask, you have no requirement to inform them of such.

Actually, the PA app does ask:

40. OTHER THAN PENNSYLVANIA, DO YOU POSSESS A CURRENT LICENSE, PERMIT, OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT TO CARRY A FIREARM ISSUED FROM ANOTHER STATE? IF YES, ATTACH A PHOTOCOPY OF THE DOCUMENT TO THIS FORM. YES NO

(Franklin County)

And, since the Pennsylvania application doesn't ask, you have no requirement to inform them of such.

You're incorrect. Check box #40.
    40. OTHER THAN PENNSYLVANIA, DO YOU POSSESS A CURRENT LICENSE, PERMIT, OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT TO CARRY A FIREARM ISSUED FROM ANOTHER STATE? IF YES, ATTACH A PHOTOCOPY OF THE DOCUMENT TO THIS FORM.
    Also, as I alluded to above, not disclosing such a license could result in a conviction under §4904, which is classified as an M2, and would make you a prohibited person if convicted under (a)(1), though it appears a conviction under (b) might be more likely.
    § 4904. Unsworn falsification to authorities

(a) In general.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the second degree if, with intent to mislead a public servant in performing his official function, he:

(1) makes any written false statement which he does not believe to be true;

(2) submits or invites reliance on any writing which he knows to be forged, altered or otherwise lacking in authenticity; or

(3) submits or invites reliance on any sample, specimen, map, boundary mark, or other object which he knows to be false.

(b) Statements “under penalty.”--A person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he makes a written false statement which he does not believe to be true, on or pursuant to a form bearing notice, authorized by law, to the effect that false statements made therein are punishable.

(c) Perjury provisions applicable.--Section 4902(c) through (f) of this title (relating to perjury) applies to this section.

(d) Penalty.--In addition to any other penalty that may be imposed, a person convicted under this section shall be sentenced to pay a fine of at least $1,000.

(Chester County)

This answer doesn't jive with OP. You do have an obligation to be truthful to the best of your knowledge when answering every question on the application. Remember, each county can have their own application and questions, although many (well, at least in Eastern PA) have adopted a standard form that's available on the the internet. Answer every question truthfully, and if you have a problem after that, you're in a much better position to deal with it than if you were less than truthful on your original application.

(Indiana County)

I APOLOGIZE!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Remember, each county can have their own application and questions, although many (well, at least in Eastern PA) have adopted a standard form that's available on the the internet.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.
    §6109. Licenses.

(c) Form of application and content.-The application for a license to carry a firearm shall be uniform throughout this Commonwealth and shall be on a form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State Police. The form may contain provisions, not exceeding one page, to assure compliance with this section. Issuing authorities shall use only the application form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State Police. One of the following reasons for obtaining a firearm license shall be set forth in the application: self-defense, employment, hunting and fishing, target shooting, gun collecting or another proper reason. The application form shall be dated and signed by the applicant and shall contain the following statement:

I have never been convicted of a crime of violence in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or elsewhere. I am of sound mind and have never been committed to a mental institution. I hereby certify that the statements contained herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that, if I knowingly make any false statements herein, I am subject to penalties prescribed by law. I authorize the sheriff, or his designee, or, in the case of first class cities, the chief or head of the police department, or his designee, to inspect only those records or documents relevant to information required for this application.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast