Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Beretta 92FS Elite Frame?

Tanners has some 92FS's built on Elite frames for sale. it looks almost the same as a regular 92FS except for the checkered grips front and back and the hammer looks different. Is there any extra benefit or anything negative about the Elite frame? I've decided I'm buying a 92FS within the next few months. hopefully sooner rather than later but first i have to put as much money away as possible to buy an engagement ring. then comes a new pistol. any input is appreciated.
    fonz

Default Re: Beretta 92FS Elite Frame?

Hey, good luck with the engagement plans, I just got engaged in October!

Beretta 92FS was my first handgun, love it to death. Can you perhaps find a link to a pic of the Elite version? I checked google and all I could find were airsoft?

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Bucks County)

The checkering is a bonus but not terribly so. Do they have the extended mag release button? How about either a plastic or metal trigger? I'm guessing that it will have the standard weight trigger instead of the Beretta "D" spring. The hammer is lighter to decrease lock time. The 92FS is not known to be a super accurate target pistol and was built for reliability instead. I don't think that the decreased lock time is going to make that much of a big deal.

Other than that, there isn't much of a difference. It does seem to make for an interesting set up, though... different than the norm. Keep in mind that Beretta 92's are usually found for fairly cheap in the used market. Depending on what they want for the guns, it may or may not be worth it.

I'm a big fan of the 92FS. If it fits your hand, you'll probably love it.
    Last edited by tacticalreload; January 29th, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

(Centre County)

thanks for the well-wishes moose. the pic that jim1911 posted is the exact pic. the buy now price is 499 which seems fair. tacticalreload: i dont think it has an extended mag release. looks pretty standard. didnt say anything about the trigger either. it seems like a standard fs just on an elite frame. i've shot one a few times at Targetmaster and loved it. was undecided though after shooting the PX4 as well but im pretty much set on the 92. Its kinda lame, but I've wanted one since i was a kid and saw Lethal Weapon the first time. i dont know if they will even still be available when I get around to getting one, just wanted to ask a few questions about it. im trying to do it ASAP though just in case they start getting harder to find. I heard rumors that Beretta just signed a new or renewed a big military contract and that it was going to take priority of their manufacturing for awhile. could just be hearsay. thanks for the replies.

(Montgomery County)

Its kinda lame, but I've wanted one since i was a kid and saw Lethal Weapon the first time.
    Don't believe what is posted above about accuracy. You will be able to shoot smiley faces on your targets in no time.

Here is an interesting write up.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/ber...-strength.html

There is a reason that 92's are used so much in film; they look good.

Good luck with yours.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

i also have a 92f was my first pistol. as much as i love it i would not buy another one.
    i would buy the new 90-two with the rails
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Centre County)

id like to thank everyone for their replies again and add that I picked up a brand new 92FS this weekend. no pics right now but you all know what it looks like. long story short, i was visiting my g/f's family in Woolrich and noticed a nice sale price and decided i wasnt gonna miss another opportunity and be kicking myself when the price jumps or 15 rd mags are banned or whatever. so i bought one. and i love it. just took it apart and wiped it down. hoping to get out one night this week and start breaking it in.
    thanks again
    fonz

(Bucks County)

That is a nice looking gun. Lately I have become a big fan of black. It could be my 1911 and the current AR build.

Due to the shortage and cost of 45 ACPs I am starting to look at 9 mm. I want a range report.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1911 View Post
    I got my 92FS from Tanner's about a month ago. I had no idea it was an "Elite"...I figured they all had the checkering and whatnot.

You'll like how the gun shoots, but I can see how small-fingered/small-handed folks may have trouble with it. It is a gun of girth. Also not very practical for concealing unless you are in jacket weather.

I'm going for my second round of shooting next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast