Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Beretta 92FS Elite Frame?

Heh, I can conceal that thing very well actually. Was doing it summer months at home in Jersey, no one noticed. 6' tall 220lbs - wearing just regular shorts and t-shirt. Its do able if you want to conceal it!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Centre County)

Well,
    finally got to take the new Beretta on her maiden voyage so to speak. As expected, performance was flawless. went through 200 rounds no issues. took a few minutes to adjust since im used to shooting my 1911 but after that, shots were going where i wanted them for the most part. did most of my shooting at about ten yards and tore up the midsection of the silhouttes. also put some headshots in, ya know, just in case. thats about it I guess. damn glad i bought it.
    fonz

(Chester County)

Hi Fonz - congrats all the way around ( engagement and the Beretta ) - Dont forget to get those spare Hi-Cap magazines now while you still can

Jeff

Hey Congradulation on your purchase of the Beretta Elite. I have several Beretta 92/96 pistols I became a Beretta fan back when the 1911s, Hi powers and 39s/59s were having problems shooting jhps. Our small police dept gave us/patrolmens a deal on buying a 92sf as a duty weapon I bought one retiring my more powerful 1911 Colt Commander & 357 mag going from 22to 18 round duty carry to 46. Equalling or surpssing the firepower of a gang banger.

Any way I've been a fan ever since only had 1 jam (that wasn't one of my bad relaods) since the 1980s while shooting multiple targets moving from position to position I slipped & fell while firing on a muddy course and the round came back and was caught in between the barrel and slide as if stove piped of course tap/rack/bang and I finished the course in seconds. The Beretta ate all & any jhp round all kinds of and any kind of ammo nearly 20 years later its still a very accuarte reliable handgun. My gun at 10-15 yards can shoot 50 cent size groups if I do my part, it can easily do the ballistic drill at 15 yards staying inside the 6" pie ring chest and head full speed as fast as the sights can fall back on target. These guns are very controllable, acurate and reliable. Of my 92/96 guns my Elite is the best of best it is a 96 with a lighter trigger, dull silver grayish barrel and brigder slide (thicker slide) so it won't fix most molder 92/96 holster but its built to shoot heavy or +p+ loads all day long. As a reloader my 92/96s are fed a diet of all type ammo and they have never failed (unless somehing seriously wrong with the load) my Glocks & Cougars do not like slightly out of spec brass or lower then full powered rounds.

Overall My 92/96s are the best of the best in my collection and that included the new Glocks 19/23/21sf, PX4 or cougar Beretta design. My Elite is the best of the 92/96s except it doesn't fit the molded holster of a 92sf non molded holster it fits well as does a Glock or Px4.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 24th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Interesting timing. I think Fonz has that gun for sale right now in the classifieds. He says nothing is wrong with it, but he doesn't shoot it anymore.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12