Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: 302 Expungement -- Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    No... However I did tell you the same thing about the process of fighting the 302... If I would've 302'ed you, you'd still be there... lol

My 302-fu is strong... lol

-Chaz
    Man.

I'd be passing the 13 year mark in Building 50 at Norristown State Hospital at this point!

Building 50 is like the Château d'If only filled with nut jobs instead of criminals

I'd have to pull a "Count of Monte Cristo" escape and embark on a campaign of
    subtle but horrifying revenge!

You would be Chief Magistrate Villefort
    Last edited by skyjerk; January 30th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    No... However I did tell you the same thing about the process of fighting the 302.
    Actually I think I just spoke up in a thread same as I did here.
    The court hearing, psych eval, expungement and all that were "fait acompli" by the time I joined this forum.

However, I was still dealing with the PSP because I had failed the PICS check even though
    the 302's had been expunged and had to file a challenge.

That was the second part of the battle. PSP doesnt give up anything easily :-)
    Last edited by skyjerk; January 30th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Hmmm... Then who was it? lol

Either way, I have to post it atleast twice or three times a year... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Washington County)

I was unable to get a gun permit and whenever I received the reason in the mail it was because of being 302'd once when I was 14 and again when I was 17. Why is something that occured when I was under 18 prohibiting me from getting a gun permit? And how can I get rid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by dlchianese View Post
    I was unable to get a gun permit and whenever I received the reason in the mail it was because of being 302'd once when I was 14 and again when I was 17. Why is something that occured when I was under 18 prohibiting me from getting a gun permit? And how can I get rid of that?
    Hire a lawyer. There's a process for getting your rights restored after a 302, right there in the UFA; it's a petition to the Court of Common Pleas.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

thank you.yes i do have a lawyer who has started the appeel process already.just wanted to find out if anyone has gone thru it.so far its costing me 2000.00.but well worth it to get my rights back.

Quote Originally Posted by tjb1971 View Post
    thank you.yes i do have a lawyer who has started the appeel process already.just wanted to find out if anyone has gone thru it.so far its costing me 2000.00.but well worth it to get my rights back.
    I hope that he isn't really starting an appeal, because what you need is a petition for restoration of rights.

It's more than nit-picking over terminology. You can appeal a PICS denial, through PICS, then through the state AG, then through the Court of Common Pleas. That gets you nowhere if you're actually a prohibited person.

If you've been 302'd, your sole remedy is to skip the PICS appeal and either challenge the validity of the 302 retroactively, or seek a restoration of rights; both of these occur in Common Pleas.

Lawyers who dabble in firearms law get these sorts of things wrong. It's sort of complicated, the way the different statutory pieces get different legal treatment, and terms are redefined on every other page.

I need help with an attorney in the Lebanon County area. I was 302'd last year on a bogus situation and thought that since I was found competent cleared within 24 hours, that it didn't count. Now from what I am hearing, just the mere act of 302'ing is enough to count against me. Is this true? If so, a lawyer that deals with this in my area would be appreciated. I called a couple law firms here in this county, but they seem to feign ignorance and can't recommend any other attorneys themselves. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
    I need help with an attorney in the Lebanon County area. I was 302'd last year on a bogus situation and thought that since I was found competent cleared within 24 hours, that it didn't count. Now from what I am hearing, just the mere act of 302'ing is enough to count against me. Is this true? If so, a lawyer that deals with this in my area would be appreciated. I called a couple law firms here in this county, but they seem to feign ignorance and can't recommend any other attorneys themselves. Thanks in advance.
    Lebanon is within range for me, and I've done these successfully. Send me a PM if you'd like.

(Bucks County)

Is there a way to find out if someone was 302ed before? I have been searching this for a little bit and have not seen any info on checking to see if someone else has been 302ed.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast