Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 2 time Iraq Vet tortured and executed in front of family by illegal...

Police Unions are one of the scariest things to every hit this country. I'm all about the right to Unionize but not in the case of public servants. They serve at the will of The People and should not hold The People hostage.

In many cases, Police review is conducted by retired Police officers. Why do you think Pittsburgh and most major cities can't get rid of their bad apples? Well, bad apples do dirty work.

Everyone should be aware of the danger involved with the unionization of a police force. How would you feel if the military unionized against the State?
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Default Re: 2 time Iraq Vet tortured and executed in front of family by illegal...

Can the military unionize? I"m all for it. I want a 40 hour work week and better wages. I also want better work conditions. That field stuff is for the birds. Oh, and can we do away with deployments?

Police unions, while good in theory, are a horribly bad idea. They don't get what they want, and then BAM! No more police. Let's look at the issues the sanitation workers strike had a few years ago in that big city up in the Northeast. Good example would be, I know a really bad movie, Robocop.

I think the civilian review board would be a great thing. I will volunteer to server, for free (as long as they cover lunch, and a sub is fine with me.) Meet one or two days a month should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Erie County)

I could have sworn I remember hearing something about a civilian review board. I don't know where I heard it, or where it might have been in use, but I do recall it**.

**Denotes possible insanity

If anyone wants to read more about police brutality, murders, assassinations in the name of the War on Drugs be my guest.... http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/ba...paper_2006.pdf (Note this is a 1.64mb PDF so its hell for a 56k modem [if those exist anymore])

Quote Originally Posted by SGTUSArmy View Post
    Can the military unionize? I"m all for it. I want a 40 hour work week and better wages. I also want better work conditions. That field stuff is for the birds. Oh, and can we do away with deployments?

Police unions, while good in theory, are a horribly bad idea. They don't get what they want, and then BAM! No more police. Let's look at the issues the sanitation workers strike had a few years ago in that big city up in the Northeast. Good example would be, I know a really bad movie, Robocop.

I think the civilian review board would be a great thing. I will volunteer to server, for free (as long as they cover lunch, and a sub is fine with me.) Meet one or two days a month should be fine.
    Sure, Chicago police is exploring the option of having civilian review on hands at all time after that cop beating of a female bartender who refused to serve the drunk cop more drinks, see here for the details:

http://www.badcopnews.com/videotaped...bartender.html

Like I have said before, at least in America, the cops are public servant and those who violate public trust, just like corrupted politician should be weaved out. If not, they would turn into no more than armed thugs with badges.

I feel that you can judge a country by looking at how the cops are treating its own citizen. Look at cops in third world countries or look at the Gestapo in Nazis Germany, it served one man/party only and I hope the USA is not turning into something like that.

1FingrCHan

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    I could have sworn I remember hearing something about a civilian review board. I don't know where I heard it, or where it might have been in use, but I do recall it**.

**Denotes possible insanity

If anyone wants to read more about police brutality, murders, assassinations in the name of the War on Drugs be my guest.... http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/ba...paper_2006.pdf (Note this is a 1.64mb PDF so its hell for a 56k modem [if those exist anymore])
    Thank for the link. I agree, some cops rather bust drunken street walkers than chasing down armed robbery suspects because they might get shot. I know somebody that knew some cops in small town in GA. Damn dude say them cops just go take nap and stuff, but that was then, today them cops seem rather quick temper and ready to pull the trigger. That is why civilian review board is a great step in stopping these abuses. hey, it's your liberty, you choose.........

1FingrCHan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12