Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Bellwood Lifetime Membership

For those of you in the Altoona/Tyrone area.

I recently went to renew my membership at Bellwood Sportsman's. The yearly membership has been raised to $20, over they $10 they charged in past years.

However, until September, the lifetime membership is still $100. Sometime in September, it will go to $250.

For those of you unfamiliar with the range, it is a few miles past Bellwood proper off of 99. You can shoot 300 yards flat, and about 425 going up the hill.

Compared to the other decent local ranges, the $100 life membership is a pretty good deal.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Blair County)

Default Re: Bellwood Lifetime Membership

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    For those of you in the Altoona/Tyrone area.

I recently went to renew my membership at Bellwood Sportsman's. The yearly membership has been raised to $20, over they $10 they charged in past years.

However, until September, the lifetime membership is still $100. Sometime in September, it will go to $250.

For those of you unfamiliar with the range, it is a few miles past Bellwood proper off of 99. You can shoot 300 yards flat, and about 425 going up the hill.

Compared to the other decent local ranges, the $100 life membership is a pretty good deal.
    I was there a couple weekends ago. That was the first time I was there in about 6 years. It was the first time I was there in the day light. I like the range set up. I think 100 for life time is a great deal. It is just out of the way for me. I was suprise when some one told me that it was ten. I am a member at riggles gap and in my opinion bellwood is much nicer. Hell even altoona volunteer(AKA horseshoe curve) Uppd theirs to 12. And that range is getto as all hell and now will not allow SKS, Ak, or AR15 on the range.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Bellwood Lifetime Membership

Wow, that sounds like a great deal! I haven't been there (if it is the one I think it is) since the 1970's. Is it an AR/AK friendly range, or is it Fudd only?
    Last edited by GLHX2112; February 3rd, 2009 at 05:45 PM.