Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bradford County)

Lightbulb the best sniper rifle

What is the best sniper rifle money can buy? All ideas will be read.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: the best sniper rifle

Accuracy International.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by harry50 View Post
    That's like asking, "What's the best beer for the money?"

What are you looking to shoot with said "sniper" rifle?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lehigh County)

He did say the best that money can buy, not the best for the money.

Accuracy International, seconded.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

LOL, accuracy international? Come on guys, they make a wonderful product that is rock solid, but the best money can buy? That's really hard because there's lots of different configurations that could be employed, and I personally think that custom actions built by an amazing gunsmith will always be more accurate and reliable (if built properly) than even an AI. That would also depend on which AI you have, and if it's built on a blue printed Remington 700, a Badger, or something else. There's lots of guys that have AI's built on some of the custom actions. Either way, I think there's much better rifles than the ones mentioned.

Are we talking about an anti-personell weapon? I'm kind of tempted to say that in terms of quality, reliability, etc, a Tubbs 2000 rifle would be hard to beat. They can be made even more durable than they come stock, they're a custom built rifle to begin with. Most people think of them as just a target rifle, but there's plenty of tactical rifle shooters who have had David build them custom tube guns. There are lots of other great rifles built, just a good smith building a rifle on a Lawton action (or Surgeon tactical or other custom) with a quality rifle and all the accessories would be a good start to me. I would also love to have a Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle chambered in .375 CT would be dang hard to beat. I would probably take the M200 over anything, if I had the money for it. There's lots of high end specialized rifles that most people have never heard of. Either way, like was stated, it's kind of like asking "what's the best beer", people have different ideas of what a "sniper rifle" should be, how accurate it should be, whether it should be bolt or semi auto, ranges, reliability, availibility of ammo, etc. I would say there's no one best, but there's a heck of alot of good options. When it all comes down to it, it has alot LESS to do with the rifle, than the shooter. When you're on that level, you can get it done with any quality weapon system.
    Last edited by Tomcat088; January 27th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by harry50 View Post
    It depends on how much money you want to spend.

There are tons of variations that the user can pick from and have the rifle custom built to suit their needs/wants.

In the end, best really comes down to the user. You can throw a ton of money on a well built rifle that shoots like a laser beam. But if the dummy behind the rifle can't hit the broad side of a barn, what's the point.

The rifle is just one part of the system. Money really can't buy you everything.

For what its worth I had mine custom built, so to me, that's the best my money can buy. And I'm happy with it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    It depends on how much money you want to spend.

There are tons of variations that the user can pick from and have the rifle custom built to suit their needs/wants.

In the end, best really comes down to the user. You can throw a ton of money on a well built rifle that shoots like a laser beam. But if the dummy behind the rifle can't hit the broad side of a barn, what's the point.

The rifle is just one part of the system. Money really can't buy you everything.

For what its worth I had mine custom built, so to me, that's the best my money can buy. And I'm happy with it.

And what kind of bullet you need to put where.

(Potter County)

bottomline , m24 sniper system .
    Remington 700 action , mc stock , bull barrel , mark 4 scope . alot gunsmithing . With money saved buy another AR .
    unless you can afford a m82 or m107 and want everyone in the grid aquare to identify your location .
    Last edited by BKeen; January 27th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Accuracy International, seconded.
    Thirded.

*Opens new tab for Gunbroker...*
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Accuracy International AWM Super Magnum in either 338 Lapua Magnum or 300 Winchester Magnum. The rifle is hands down the best built rifle in the world. All you need to do is compare the bolt to any other rifle in this class and you will see. Piece of art. I sold my first one, and then promptly got another with the adjustable cheekpiece/folding stock.

Accuracy:

I am able to put 5 shots in 0.36" at 300 yards, factory Federal Match Ammo, 300 WM.

Durability: just pick one up. nothing more need be said

History: Iraq, brit killed Iraqi officer wtih the 338 version at 2200 yds. back in 2003.

the M24 is good but a highly customized Remington 700. the AI is factory unmodified and standard!!!
    Accuracy International AWM .300 WM (S&B 3-12x Mil), Remington 700DS Tactical (S&B 3-12x Bryant), Marlin 1895 GG (Kahles 1-4x), M1A Match, XM15E2S, SKB 12gau, Enfield no4 Irish Contract (1954), Springfield XD Sub Compact .40, Kimber Raptor II, Colt Series 70 NM, Springfield Long Slide .45, S&W Mod 10, Ruger Mk II Target, Browning Buckmark Varmint (Leup 2x), Beretta 96FSC, Walther P99, and many more...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast