Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bohica Arms

(Lycoming County)

Thumbs down Bohica Arms

I don't recomend anyone buying from Chris at Bohica Arms. I ordered back in Nov of 07 and was told 6 months till they call and after a couple of emails saying they were just so busy they called in Sept 08. I was told I was next in line and they wanted payment info, but they didn't take Discover so I got a new Master card. I attempted to call them several times and left messages to call me back, finally got ahold of them at the end of Sept. His wife took my info and said I would receive the upper within two weeks of being charged. Then at the end of Nov. I get my card statement and see they charged my card Oct. 15th, so I email them and he says 8 to 10 more days and I'll have it. And after many emails and staying patient still getting the run around I still didn't have the upper. So I told him I was going to report him to the Better Business Bureau and now he is canceling my order because he doesn't want to ship my upper. He just took my money and sat on it. He is a scam artist and I don't recommend buying from him. Get a Serbu 50bmg if ya want one they are great.

Default Re: Bohica Arms

that seems to be about the story for bohica. People that do get one are very happy w/ them, but it seems next to impossible for that to happen and they seem to charge CC's way early for me. I def. agree w/ you on going w/ the serbu over a bohica or any AR upper style for that matter. Not only because Mark Serbu is a stand up guy, but because by the time you get done w/ the target stock, match trigger,ect ect your really not all that much under the price of a serbu, and you know your getting a solid gun thats gonna last you forever who knows what those frankenguns are gonna do after a couple hundred, meanwhile thousands.

(Lycoming County)

Update:
    I cancelled the order and was told I would get the money returned that day. But that didn't happen, two weeks latter still no money. So I called and disputed the charge with my CC company, they wanted me to contact Bohica to try to resolve the problem. I called and got a whiny story about not being able to get parts and that if I still wanted the upper it would ship the next day. So I accepted the offer and stopped the dispute. The next day I received a tracking number, but every time I checked it there was no updates. I emailed Bohica twice and no response so I called Ups they said the package hadn't be shipped yet. So I emailed Bohica once more and with no response the package was in transit after haveing the # for two weeks. So now I have to wait from 10 am till 2 pm tomorrow. Since it has to be signed for and the damn Ups man couldn't come before noon when I left for work.

So on a final note I think it you like to get screwed around and have a grand in someone elses hands for an extended period of time. Buy from Bohica I will comment on the product when Ups get it to me, but it will be for sale as I already have a nice 50 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by JLR666 View Post
    Update:
    I cancelled the order and was told I would get the money returned that day. But that didn't happen, two weeks latter still no money. So I called and disputed the charge with my CC company, they wanted me to contact Bohica to try to resolve the problem. I called and got a whiny story about not being able to get parts and that if I still wanted the upper it would ship the next day. So I accepted the offer and stopped the dispute. The next day I received a tracking number, but every time I checked it there was no updates. I emailed Bohica twice and no response so I called Ups they said the package hadn't be shipped yet. So I emailed Bohica once more and with no response the package was in transit after haveing the # for two weeks. So now I have to wait from 10 am till 2 pm tomorrow. Since it has to be signed for and the damn Ups man couldn't come before noon when I left for work.

So on a final note I think it you like to get screwed around and have a grand in someone elses hands for an extended period of time. Buy from Bohica I will comment on the product when Ups get it to me, but it will be for sale as I already have a nice 50 rifle
    Over 1 yr to get an upper, then alot of BS on top, F them.

I did a preorder form back in December I think, and they called me tonight to see if I still wanted it. The only problems as of late I have heard about bohica is from people who don't like the waiting, but they all eventually get their product.

I haven't decided if I'm going to call them back or not as I've got an ar50 now.

(Berks County)

I feel like an asshole.....I think I was the one who originally posted the Bohica info way back when I found it on another site.

I was all excited myself hearing how great the uppers were they were making and was ready to order one myself, but had to spend my gun stash money on car repairs.

The uppers still get good reviews....but what a frickin' hassle, I hope he gets his damn business ironed out. Think of the money this guy could have/would be making right now on .50 uppers.

Sorry.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

should have been your first clue.

they called me a couple nights ago. 9 months after i placed an order...

i instructed them to pack sand.
    This Space For Rent

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Bend Over Here It Comes Again

should have been your first clue.
    That's what I was thinking when I saw that. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

(Lycoming County)

Received the package at noon today, it was well packed I was suprised. I was talking to the Ups guy about it and the hassle I had getting it, he said he would have drove Minn. and kicked some ass.
    It looks to be a decent well made rifle, however the hand guard is not the color I ordered. And there were no instructions or record of payment. I had to print the instructions off the Internet. Has company logo, cal and serial # on left side along with a scratch that I'm not sure happened in shipping or in there shop. However as well as it was packed, and the great shape the box was in it leads me to believe it left Bohica that way.
    Well all in all, it looks pretty good but I would never buy from them again. It is still to be decided if i'll sell it, the woman likes the looks of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast