Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default COWBOY ACTION SHOOT AT MATAMORAS ROD & GUN CLUB

STARTING SUNDAY APRIL 19 TH,2009 THE MATAMORAS ROD AND GUN CLUB WILL HOLD COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING (SASS)
    THE 3D SUNDAY EACH MONTH,
    8:30 AM-9:30AM REGISTRATION,
    9:30 AM SAFETY MEETING,
    SHOOTING STARTS AT 10:00 - ABOUT 3:00 PM
    3 STAGES IN THE MORNING A BREAK FOR LUNCH AND 2 STAGES IN THE AFTERNOON,
    WE EXPECT TO HAVE 20 - 40 SHOOTERS,
    FOR INFO:YOU CAN GO TO THE WEB SITE;www.matamorasrodandgunclub.org

(Pike County)

Default Re: COWBOY ACTION SHOOT AT MATAMORAS ROD & GUN CLUB

Any IDPA??

(Pike County)

HI, SNERT
    YES,I WOULD LOVE TO GET IDPA AT THE CLUB,THE PROBLEM IS TO GET THE PARTICIPATION FROM THE MEMBERS TO RUN THE SHOOT,( STAGE SET UP PROPS EXC.) I THINK AFTER A FEW COWBOY SHOOTS THE MEMBERS WILL SEE THE POTENTIAL FOR THE CLUB,AS A NEWLY ELECTED TRUSTEE,AND RSO,I WILL BE PUSHING FOR WIDE RANGE OF PUBLIC SHOOTING ACTIVITIES WITH IDPA #1 ON MY LIST,THE PISTOL RANGE WAS JUST UPDATED WITH THE HELP OF A NRA GRANT AND IT IS GREAT,WE CAN GET 3-4 IDPA STAGES IN,I THINK GREAT THINGS WILL HAPPEN WITH THIS CLUB,AS THE RANGES AND FACILITIES GET UPDATED WE CAN ACCOMMODATE A LARGER GROUP OF SHOOTERS,KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE CLUBS WEBSITE FOR EVENTS.

(Pike County)

Itchin to try some IDPA and some 3 gun...Also think of the potential to have a mini knob creek type shoot...It has the potential to make your club ALOT of money...Well first year would be rough, BUT if all goes well and word travels..each year after would only get better.

Be nice if they would open the doors to some new memberships..hint hint..

Snert

If you start IDPA shoots I'm definitely in. I think you would get a bigger response from an IDPA shoot also since many people own guns that can be used in IDPA, not as many in Coyboy action shooting. I think that sounds fun too, but I don't have the equipment. The public ranges around here are jammed every weekend. There really is no place to shoot. I think you would get a huge response, just put up some flyers and put the word out there.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Pike County)

While we're at it...
    Will there be any highpower matches in the future, or at least Garand match and or military rifle match?
    TIA

Dan

(Pike County)

HI,SNERT
    A KNOB CREEK TYPE SHOOT WILL BE TOUGH THE BYLAWS STATE NO FULL AUTOS AND ONLY 50 CAL MUZZLE LOADERS,BUT OVER TIME WHO KNOWS,I WILL BE WORKING ON A ASSOCIATE MEMBER PROGRAM THIS YEAR TO GET NEW MENBERS,AT THIS TIME THE BYLAWS STATE YOU MUST OWN A SHARE TO BE A MEMBER,THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO SHARES AVAILABLE,THIS IS STUPID HOW IS THE CLUB TO GROW,I THINK THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE MEMBERS IS 65,WE NEED A PLAN TO GET NEW AND YOUNG MEMBERS INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB OR IT WILL NOT SURVIVE,MY HOUSE IS JUST OUTSIDE THE GATE AND I DO NOT WANT A DEVELOPMENT IN MY BACK YARD,

HI,YODER
    YOU HAVE A GREAT POINT,ONE GUN COMPARED TO FOUR PRE 1890 GUNS,I THINK WE CAN GET A IDPA INTRODUCTORY SHOOT THIS YEAR,MOST MEMBERS HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ALL THE SHOOTING ACTIVITIES OUT HERE,ALL IT WILL TAKE IS A FEW MEMBERS TO GET HOOKED,

HI,MICAL30
    AT THIS TIME THE CLUB HAS ONLY 25,50,AND 100 YARD RANGE,THE CLUB HAS ABOUT 130 ACRES SO ALL WE NEED IS THE TIME AND MONEY TO GET THE UPDATED RANGES IN ,WE ARE WORKING ON A COMMON FIRING LINE FOR THE RANGES WE HAVE,

(Pike County)

King,

I have a sales pitch for you to give to your board of directors. It is just a idea but could work out to make your club more money and get new members. I'll post it later om on a tight schedual right now and gotta run..

snert..

(Pike County)

Hi Kingcor,
    My name is harry and we have a group club from hemlock farms that is interested in IDPA, in March we are headed to Wilkes-Barre Rifle & Pistol Club to learn & compete in IDPA. A closer range would be great. Again I understand your predicament with membership, if MR&PC changes its membership rules please let us know. We are planning on attending your Cowboy action shoot in April to get a bette runderswtanding of it. Thanks fro bringing this to the area.

Yoder -- sorry you couldn't make sundays meeting I'll get your application out this week. Harry

(Pike County)

Hey Kingcor,

What if say they had differant memeberships. thus allowing use of parts of the club. Say if you want the whole deal that package cost one amount. If you want to say just have use of the ranges, that would be another amount. Basically pay for what you use.

Now to keep say rif-raf away make say a $1000 security deposit. One would get it back when the decide to no longer be a member.

The above mentiond would only make the club more money and make the club bigger and better.

If you start to host more shooting events, you will make more money. The potential is there. They just have to look at it as a chance to make a good thing better.

Could you give me a idea of what the current dues and membership cost is now and what it includes. Then we can all throw around some ideas and see how it sounds..

Snert...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast