Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default being a fat arse now everyone elses fault!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482788,00.html

Obesity 'Virus' Spread Like Common Cold, Scientists Say

Obesity can be "caught" as easily as a common cold from other people's coughs, sneezes and dirty hands, scientists are set to declare today.

The condition has been linked to a highly-infectious virus which causes sniffles and sore throats.

Professor Nikhil Dhurandhar said the virus, known as AD-36, infects the lungs then whisks around the body, forcing fat cells to multiply and also causing sore throats.

"When this virus goes to fat tissue it replicates, making more copies of itself and in the process increases the number of new fat cells, which may explain why the fat tissue expands and why people get fat when they are infected with this virus," Dhurandhar said.

In one test, a third of obese people had the rare and highly contagious virus compared to just 11 percent of thinner people. Weight gain can last three months until the body has built up resistance to the bug.

New research supports earlier theories from studies on weight gain; evidence in tests on mice and chickens shows the bug could cause overweight people to gain weight.

"People could be fat for reasons other than viral infections, so it’s pointless for fat people to try to avoid infection," said Dhurandhar.

The study also reveals research claiming dieters always feel hungry because humans have a "natural body weight" and they will always suffer hunger pangs.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

Default Re: being a fat arse now everyone elses fault!!!

you've got to be kidding me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    you've got to be kidding me.
    the best part is that pic is FROM the article and it is a woman waiting for her plane at Heathrow... wanna bet that she didn't buy 2 tickets?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

What a load of CRAP!

Just another 'excuse' .... everyone has one now, NEVER your fault ... ALWAYS an excuse to be found

(Mercer County)

My word of advice: If you want to avoid gaining weight in quick fashion, don't work in a cube. I used to be svelt...until the cube farm life came into play...haha.

I don't think anyone sneezed on me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    My word of advice: If you want to avoid gaining weight in quick fashion, don't work in a cube. I used to be svelt...until the cube farm life came into play...haha.

I'm pretty sure this happened to me! I'm almost positive it did. I think I got it from the guy at Dunkin Doughnuts, or the Domino's delivery guy, or it may have been the Chinese food delivery guy... I know it was one of them! I'm sure they coughed on the box and made me fat!

oh or it could have been the working overnights, sleeping 2 - 4 hours a day tops while eating nothing but junk and drinking 2- 3 cappuccino blasts a night to stay awake... gaining 60 pounds in less then 11 months isn't easy but if you get the right virus it can happen!

(Still trying to lose that 60 pounds 3 years later... damn virus!)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post

This is true. Obesity is a funny thing though. There are a lot of components to it and having owned a gym, been a serious athlete and gained weight over the last few years I can tell you there is no one answer. The only thing that is finite is we are all responsible for ourselves. There is a physical, emotional, a metabolic and hormonal factor to obesity.
    It can be an addiction BUT unlike drugs, smoking or alcohol you can`t remove it from your life. Smokers, alcoholics and druggies can totally avoid those things. Food addicts can`t.
    I can also tell you that most of the guys I wrestled with in the 60`s and 70`s sucking 10/12 ponds overnight using sauna`s, diuretics, epicec add to that a little juice off season and we all seem to struggle with metabolism and weight.
    Since school I`ve never once eaten a meal and felt full. No matter how slow or how big.
    I feel bad for people who struggle. They are not just lazy in many cases. In the end though it`s each persons personal responsibly to take control and do what is necessary.

Your kidding me? A Fat Virus?

Well at least I didnt catch the Obama virus, Shit that would be scary! I might have went to his rallies or even worse, (Voted) for him! AHHHHHHHHH
    ΑΣΦ

(Lancaster County)

I knew it wasnt my fault ! Those darn Mcdonalds workers probably spit on my 3 double cheeseburgers , large fry and large milkshake every day for the last year and infected me. I knew it. Im sueing !
    No longer posting

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder why people never say "enough is enough" when they get as fat as that ass shown in the first post. I mean, even 50 pounds earlier, why didn't she (?) say, "OK, I'm tired of looking like a manatee!"

I'm 6'3" and somewhere between 205 and 210 pounds. I'm not "fat" but I have more excess weight that's not muscle than I'd like. I go to the gym 5 times a week and I have an on-my-feet type of job (though probably for not very much longer), and that helps keep my weight steady. If I get a desk job, I'll just either: a) have to eat less or b) workout harder.

Some people just don't give a shit about themselves, and that's really a shame because you only get one shot at life here - why live as an obese, miserable, embarrassing slob? If that's what they want, OK, but don't blame it on society and/or "catching" it from other people.

Sometimes obesity runs in the family, but is that due to genetics or just bad habits passed down? As I say, fat breeds fat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast