Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Talking Pistol permit question

I recently got my pistol permit, marked for protection, does this entitle me to both oc/cc , I tried to understand all the mumbo jumbo, dont want to sound stupid, but after reading some of the threads on here of some of the hassles others went thru, I just want to be sure, I'm from clinton county, and there are quite a few super troopers, and Barney Fifes, lol, if ya know what I mean, thanks

Default Re: Pistol permit question

Bottom line is with your LTCF you can carry how you wish. OC/CC it's your choice how you prefer to express your 2A rights.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Franklin County)

You need a permit to OC in Philly, in a car or to conceal on foot.

Otherwise no permit is required to OC on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by lagnaf41 View Post
    I recently got my pistol permit, marked for protection, does this entitle me to both oc/cc , I tried to understand all the mumbo jumbo, dont want to sound stupid, but after reading some of the threads on here of some of the hassles others went thru, I just want to be sure, I'm from clinton county, and there are quite a few super troopers, and Barney Fifes, lol, if ya know what I mean, thanks
    Your LTCF gives you the option to conceal your firearm on your person. You do not need a LTCF to open carry, except in Philly, where it is needed. Also you need a LTCF to carry the firearm in a vehicle.
    Bazinga

(Lancaster County)

Your "Permit" is a license to carry Firearms.

You may OC WITHOUT a permit in this state, but as you indicated, you are likely to be hassled.

Since you are asking this question, you are obviously NOT in a position to answer questions pointed at you by any person, private or law enforcement, as to why you are doing so.

In my mind, the only people who should wisely take up OC are those who are well versed on the laws and the subject.

I consider OC to be the diplomats of citizen carry, and it is a tough road to stay on.

OC has tactical considerations as well, that must be well addressed.

Stick to Concealed carry until you feel 'up' to the variety of hardships that OC carries with it.

You should really go to the Concealed carry/Outside Carry threads and spend about 7 hours reading all the laws, opinions and experiences therein.

Bon Chance!
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Clinton County)

Thanks GOD thats what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

(Monroe County)

I asked that question to my local sherif. His responce was.." you can carry open but we prefer that yu carry concealed so that we done get constint phone calls that there is someone walking down the street with a gun on their side." I can understand that logic.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Delta View Post
    Your "Permit" is a license to carry Firearms.

You may OC WITHOUT a permit in this state, but as you indicated, you are likely to be hassled.

Since you are asking this question, you are obviously NOT in a position to answer questions pointed at you by any person, private or law enforcement, as to why you are doing so.

In my mind, the only people who should wisely take up OC are those who are well versed on the laws and the subject.

I consider OC to be the diplomats of citizen carry, and it is a tough road to stay on.

Stick to Concealed carry until you feel 'up' to the variety of hardships that OC carries with it.

You should really go to the Concealed carry/Outside Carry threads and spend about 7 hours reading all the laws, opinions and experiences therein.

Bon Chance!
    While any of the above certainly can happen, they are not the norm. When you're ready to OC, keep them in mind, but don't "expect" them. Negative encounters are pretty rare.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

I do not feel this is accurate. Most people that OC do not get hassled. So I don't think you are "likely" to be hassled. It is the exception rather than the norm. Although it IS a definite possibility and one should be prepared to deal with it.

Good point, however, answers to law enforcement are usually best left unanswered.
    http://www.pisnnapalm.com/031408_DontTalktoPolice.wmv

Agree 100%

Or just read the flyer, to start
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

Quote Originally Posted by pete73 View Post
    I asked that question to my local sherif. His responce was.." you can carry open but we prefer that yu carry concealed so that we done get constint phone calls that there is someone walking down the street with a gun on their side." I can understand that logic.
    No logic there.
    1) Sheriff would not be receiving those calls as they are not law enforcement in the eyes of the SCOPA. With the exception of Allegheny County sheriff's dept's guard county property and transport prisoners. They do NOT answer calls for service. Such a statement from your sheriff is simply posturing bullshit to push his opinion (not law or necessarily reality) on you
    2) Even if they did answer calls for service, it is rare that folks call the police because someone is OC'ing.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Indiana County)

If I may be so brash as to insert my two bits:

Your bio shows you're in Clinton County (Lock Haven?), in the North Central part of the Commonwealth. In other words, you're in the boondocks (really not unlike me). That being the case, you shouldn't have a problem OCing, but... Methinks you are of a younger age (under 25), and are still maturing (i.e., getting educated on the ways of the world). When you are ready to OC, you will know it. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't do it. The same holds true for CC, but a little less so.

Read all the "war stories" posted on the CC and OC forums. Digest them. Mull them around in your head. Become familiar with Pennsylvania's firearms laws (I didn't say memorize, just familiarize). On the bright side, annual MPOETC training for police officers now mentions that OC is legal, so, as more and more officers receive this required training, your chances of being hassled over OCing become less and less.

I routinely OC (not always, but usually). I've been chastised for not OCing (people are so used to seeing me OCing). I feel comfortable with it. I always carry a Gun Rights flyer or two in my wallet, just in case I run into someone who's confused.

If you have questions, this is the place to ask them. We all had to crawl before we learned how to walk. You're not alone. You're among friends. Welcome to the brotherhood (or sisterhood, as appropriate).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast