Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: Weapons Cache Discovered In WA Storage Locker

I just saw the "End the Fed" part and laughed out loud. I hate "journalists" with a passion. What a douche bag trying to say that bumper sticker is anti-governmental when the Fed Reserve is a privately owned institution that was illegally insinuated into our unconstitutional government.

I wonder how many of us would be labled as having "unusual anti-government political views" given the sad state of our government.

[ETA] I just read the end of the article. A few FAIL points:

"The feds believe Struve had plans to use the weapons." Ummm . . . he owned them for years and had them in a storage locker. That doesn't sound to me like he planned to use them anytime soon. Add to that the fact of the weapons being left in the storage locker long enough to be auctioned off for non-payment.

"Prosecutors warn there are no conditions which could be set that would ensure the public's safety." WTF? Does he have unlimited funds to go out an purchase more firearms? If he was such a danger why were they totally unaware of him and his collection until AFTER the storage unit contents were sold at auction.

"Struve told federal agents he thought he would need to use the firearms and explosives at some unspecified date in the future." I couldn't see ANY point in the future where circumstances would require citizens of this nation to arm themselves with the small arms available to the military. Really I can't. In case you can't tell sarcasm read Patriots; Survive the Coming Collapse.
    Last edited by adymond; January 26th, 2009 at 01:50 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    I can say for sure if I bought a lot and this is what was in it, I wouldn't tell anyone least of all an illegal organization like the ATF.

I would certainly be wary of reporting something like this to the ATF, seeing as they would probably charge me with the crime, even though I had just bought the rights to the locker and had no idea what was inside.... because for a few moments, I was in possession of the contents of that locker.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    I would certainly be wary of reporting something like this to the ATF, seeing as they would probably charge me with the crime, even though I had just bought the rights to the locker and had no idea what was inside.... because for a few moments, I was in possession of the contents of that locker.
    That is a great point I hadn't thought of. Say one of us bid on the storage unit's contents. Many of us have our own small arsenals and I would bet a great majority of us have would could be classified as anti-governmental political views. How likely do you think the BATF would be to take us at our words that we didn't know what was in the unit when we bid or that we hadn't taken one or 12 of the "illegal" firearms? I don't like the odds that I come out of it with my firearms still in my posession.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123