Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Richard Hughey Arms & Accoutrements (Delaware County)

+1 for Dick Hughey. He did my transfer pretty late in the evening and was very friendly and easy to work with. Need to modify OP since he no longer regularly works until 9pm.

Going to transfer through him for now on. Still $25! Best prices within the city are $65-75; definitely worth the drive out to Dick's if you can spare the 20 minutes.

(Delaware County)

I have done quite a few transfers with Richard and he's always been pleasant. I had another firearm shipped to him recently and when I called to let him know that I would like to pick it up, I was told that it was too late and to try tomorrow. Mind you, it was 6:30 pm..... I think I'm going to switch to a store front FFL that has steady reliable hours. Some may say that switching after one bad experience is harsh; but, I'm paying for a service not asking for a favor.
    Last edited by dave61218; December 9th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave61218 View Post
    I have done quite a few transfers with Richard and he's always been pleasant. I had another firearm shipped to him recently and when I called to let him know that I would like to pick it up, I was told that it was too late and to try tomorrow. Mind you, it was 6:30 pm..... I think I'm going to switch to a store front FFL that has steady reliable hours. Some may say that switching after one bad experience is harsh; but, I'm paying for a service not asking for a favor.
    My first experience was quite the opposite. Called him up Saturday evening around 6:30 pm to see when I could pick up. He told me I could come over now if I wanted to.
    He's a really nice guy.
    Quick painless transaction. Will definitely use him when ever I need a transfer.
    And 25$ is a great price.
    I can see your point on service but I also understand that he does this on his own time and is a great value to the gun buying community. Sometimes people have things going on that trumps less important things in their life.
    Have fun spending 50+$ at a store front if they even do it at all

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    My first experience was quite the opposite. Called him up Saturday evening around 6:30 pm to see when I could pick up. He told me I could come over now if I wanted to.
    He's a really nice guy.
    Quick painless transaction. Will definitely use him when ever I need a transfer.
    And 25$ is a great price.
    I can see your point on service but I also understand that he does this on his own time and is a great value to the gun buying community. Sometimes people have things going on that trumps less important things in their life.
    Have fun spending 50+$ at a store front if they even do it at all
    +1 what he said.

(Delaware County)

FWIW, Dick was in the hospital recently, don't know for what but at his age any hospital visit could be serious.

(Delaware County)

He has always been accommodating, just did a transfer with him, had the seller meet me at his house and he did it all for the same $25, a couple local shops want $50+ and way too much attitude, I will accommodate Dick and his schedule as he is doing me a service.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    FWIW, Dick was in the hospital recently, don't know for what but at his age any hospital visit could be serious.
    I'm sad to hear that, I hope all is well. I just want to state that I'm only commenting on my recent experiance with him as an FFL. On a personal level he's an amazing old school gun guy that I could spend hours talking to.

(Delaware County)

I'm sad to hear that, I hope all is well. I just want to state that I'm only commenting on my recent experiance with him as an FFL. On a personal level he's an amazing old school gun guy that I could spend hours talking to.
    Understood, my comment however, he's an old guy who just spent time in the hospital, 6:30, while maybe not late to you, could be for him.

He is old school, a walking encyclopedia of gun knowledge, as long as he's willing, I wouldn't go anywhere else for my needs, yea his hours may not be the best, but you're not going to beat his prices.

I placed an order for supplies in mid November via email, at the end of the month he apologized for not getting back to me as he was in the hospital for a while. I told him no problem, when he's up to it I still want the order. I haven't heard back yet. I'm not in a hurry for the items I can wait.

I can understand wanting to get a gun you had sent to him on a quicker time schedule though. I'm just relaying he's had some health problems recently.

(Pike County)

I found this thread shortly after signing up and I reached out to Dick to do an online purchase transfer. Something I don't do too often because finding an FFL to do that transfer is an unpleasant process in itself. Some of those guys really make it seem like they are doing you a favor at $45-$65 per transfer.

I got tracking confirmation that my firearm was delivered on 12/4 but I'm not concerned that I haven't heard from him on when I can stop by to complete the transfer. First, this is the man's home so I'm going ASK when I can stop by, I don't TELL him when I'm going to stop by. Second, try paying $100 for transfer and you'll see how much a favor this man is doing for you.
    Last edited by Oicani; December 10th, 2014 at 08:59 PM.

(Pike County)

I just want to say how great Mr. Hughey is! He emailed me on 12/11 and I arranged to meet up with him this past Saturday. Super, super guy! I can’t say enough about how great it is to know someone like him that actually treats you like a customer. The $25 transfers are an incredible value. Highly recommended and I will most certainly send business his way!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast