Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Bushmaster C-15 Carbon Fiber AR?

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Bill, you have no leg to stand on.

BM guns have had SIGNIFICANT quality control issues. Their guns DO NOT come properly set-up, they HAD all of what....1 contract for guns?

Who amongst reputable trainers recommends them?

You got banned for being wrong, and being loud about it. Restating your opinion loudly doesn't give it more credibility.

BM DOES NOT have the .mil TDP....so how is it they make "mil spec" guns?

Keep shouting your opinion if you like, those of us who know better will continue to ignore you.
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    You do the same seeing as you have yet to provide a reliable link to anything derogatory you have said about Bushmaster. You are like listening to a broken record. That is if you are old enough to know what that means. Now please, don't go away mad, just go away. Bill T.
    I do very much appreciate both of your input, and I do understand that clearly that Stag, Bushmaster, and a few others are lower down the food chain. Please, no need to argue... If I wanted a higher food chain machine, I would look for another brand new Charles Daly Defense. Very nice machine there. I was only considering the BM because it was being offered for $800 and caugt my eye because it looks new EXTERNALLY, and when he told me it was the carbon composite material I got a hard on for the "Its something less normal and more unique/impressive" thought process. I already have 2 M4's and I don't "need" another..... I just want a third to have one for each ....me and my 2 sons. Maybe I'll just skip it and get another AK....LOL.... you dont have quality issues with those... They are all rattle box stamped crap that fires every time you yank the trigger. Ya got to love those AK's!

There is a brand new BM (Bowel Movement... or BushMaster... ) Carbon pistol at my local shop as well. Maybe I'll look at that instead. I can properly stake, thats nothing... The one thing that does bug me about the carbon BM is it has that coated BCG that prevents me from going and getting an LMT BCG to throw in there. I was told last night that you MUST keep with the anti-friction coated BCG... Is this true?

Peace guys. Love, not war...... Give each other a hug and share a beer or 3.

Larry

(Northampton County)

Larry,

I don't know about the specific rifle you are looking into. But I would not talk somebody out of a Bushmaster. I have one and it is a fine rifle. If it has a problem between round 200 and round 1000, take it up to them and shove it up their ass sideways. If not, you have a great rifle. No, it's not a Colt.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Whats the good about this Carbon Fiber rifle?

Whats the Bad about the Carbon Fiber rifle?

Larry
    A friend of mine had an early one by the original manufacturer. It was troublesome. Not very reliable and occasionally the muzzle brake would fly off when fired. The LOP was also too long, longer than the A2 stock IIRC.

OTOH, it was a neat concept. Very light weight which would be suitable for shooters of small stature.

Dunno anything about them since BM bought them out but I do know they had some initial growing pains under BM's ownership. I really hope BM solved the problems because it does fill a niche but I'd avoid it if it's of early vintage.
    Last edited by TonyF; January 23rd, 2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I can only assume the best selling point for the CF is weight, but i have no real info.

just wanted to say that if you dont want the CF Bushy let me knoe how much and where. My wife wants an AR this year and it needs to be light, I would keep the CF lower for the build.
    Verify LOP. They are very LW but the stock, at least the OEM variant, was way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Uppers and lowers are Aluminum, they're not that heavy in the first place.

You can build a lightweight carbine with real parts, no need to buy cheap Bushy plastic parts.

14.5" LW barrel with a pinned and welded YHM phantom, std carbine stock, std handguards, flip up sights....it'd be plenty light.
    I would heed this advice for a LW carbine.

(Beaver County)

Anyone know about that coated BCG stuff? Can you toss an LMT in it, or will that destroy the carbon/composite material?

I am leaving work for the day, so I wont be able to respond again till tomorow.

Thank you guys... All of you. I really do appreciate personal opinion as much as documented fact.... but try not to attack other guys opinions. We are all allowed to have them.

Peace, love, and prosparity to all. I will be at the bar with a beer by 6:30 in Economy Boro... Meet me at the Candle-Light Lounge on Conway Wallrose Rd. if your thirsty!

(Chester County)

Anyone know about that coated BCG stuff? Can you toss an LMT in it, or will that destroy the carbon/composite material?

I am leaving work for the day, so I wont be able to respond again till tomorow.

Thank you guys... All of you. I really do appreciate personal opinion as much as documented fact.... but try not to attack other guys opinions. We are all allowed to have them.

Peace, love, and prosparity to all. I will be at the bar with a beer by 6:30 in Economy Boro... Meet me at the Candle-Light Lounge on Conway Wallrose Rd. if your thirsty!
    We're here to help.

When people try and pass off personal opinion AS documented fact, the BS flag gets thrown. It's either that, or the quality of info here goes down the toilet.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, just with making stuff up.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    I always considered BushMaster to be kind of bottom-barrel......>>Dam I bet the Military wish's they would have talked to you before purchasing so many 10's of thousands.,,lol
    Would those tens of thousands of Bushmasters you refer to be the 4,000 purchased on one occasion because Colt's TDP was improperly released to them? I wouldn't consider Bushmaster to be the BOTTOM of the barrel, but there are certainly a plethora of other manufacturers I would recommend long before I'd recommend a Bushmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    I ask you for a link and you give me the Colt Kool-Aid Channel? Yeah, I feel better, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for giving it to me. By the way, is he still using Vagisil over there? Bill T.
    Hmmmm, a forum populated by Industry SME's and professional faceshooters. They prefer Colt to Bushmaster? Nah, they can't possibly have a clue.

ETA: if you are interested in lightweight you might also want to take a look at CavArms lowers as well.
    Last edited by Legion_Prime; January 25th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Westmoreland County)

I have a Professional Ordnanace Carbon 15 - Type 97

It is a second generation gun. It has been extremely reliable. The only issue I had was a blown gas tube after about 2500 rounds. I have done some upgrades to the gun over the years, JP Trigger group, different comp, safety, magwell, etc.

I have used it mainly for short range matches, the lightweight makes it great for doing fast transitions. It is accurate and reliable. Bushmaster has made too many changes to list from the original Professional Ordnance guns.

I love the gun, but it is not my primary match gun anymore. I have gone to an 18" gun for longer range stuff.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Beaver County)

Thank you guys. It seems that the owner will not budge from $700, and I dont want to spend $700 on a gun that needs work and is of questionable integrity when I can grab a new one for $1000 and know what I have. I would have bit for $500 and rolled the dice....and most likely won the roll. $700 decreases the odds a bit much for me...Unless he calls back willing to lower his price, I'm out.

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you guys. It seems that the owner will not budge from $700, and I dont want to spend $700 on a gun that needs work and is of questionable integrity when I can grab a new one for $1000 and know what I have. I would have bit for $500 and rolled the dice....and most likely won the roll. $700 decreases the odds a bit much for me...Unless he calls back willing to lower his price, I'm out.
    Depending on what model it is, $700 may be a steal. Mine was well over $1000 retail back in 2002.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast