Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bushmaster C-15 Carbon Fiber AR?

I have close to, if not over 3,000 rounds through this one. All without a hitch. If you like the gun, I would go ahead and get it. If you seek opinions on these Bushmaster Carbon 15 Models, limit it to people who actually own and shoot them. That way you will be getting a realistic opinion. Bill T.

I had a carbon-15 rifle w/ the stainless fluted barrel and sold it. It was fairly unreliable, and extremely picky on what it ate as have all of the other ones that i've spent more than 5minutes with been. It was very lightweight, I believe around 3.9lbs which may be a benefit to some folks, but they are no battle rifles.

(Chester County)

I would also limit the advice you take to not include users who've gotten kicked off of their own states gun boards, and claim to know more about the platform than a number of other published experts.

Especially when that poster claims that Bushmaster are the equivalent of Colts, which has been proven to be WRONG again, and again, and again.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    I would also limit the advice you take to not include users who've gotten kicked off of their own states gun boards, and claim to know more about the platform than a number of other published experts.

Especially when that poster claims that Bushmaster are the equivalent of Colts, which has been proven to be WRONG again, and again, and again.
    More empty talk. You have said over and over Bushmaster does not manufacture Mil-Spec firearms. You were proven wrong by me and several others. You have said Bushmaster has never made guns for the military, or has never had a military contract. Again you were proven wrong by me and others. I, and others have provided several links to articles proving what we have said. All you produce is a bunch of Kool-Aid whining and opinion. And speaking of whining, it was the exact reason Vagisil man got me removed from that board and you know it. Now what else have you got besides more opinion? That's getting old. You need a life or a wife. Most likely both. Bill T.

(Lehigh County)

I own an Bushy Carbon Pistol. fun to shoot, louder than hell, extremely lightweight with much lower felt recoil... the two things that make it an acceptable one handed shooter.

that being said, the carbon composite upper and lower receivers are snug fitting, have a good solid feel, and clean easily. I bought it an an impulse... it is really wicked looking and different.

as a rifle, with all the additional weight the extra length brings, I don't think the weight savings of the carbon composite is enough to justify spending more, specifically in the case of the rifle you are interested in... due to the repairs it already needs and the poor treatment it has apparently been exposed to.

to be fair, as an owner, I would vote "no" to your specific purchase, and if you are really interested in owning a Carbon, look around for one that has been treated well, or is N.I.B.

note... mine was purchased used, but there is no visible wear on any part... and I have since put about 1,000 rounds through it without incident.

lastly, carbon composite is not "plastic", it is separated fibers mixed with a carbon based epoxy that gives it both a hardness and a tensile strength. it is not going to be a pattern of woven fiber, as what is commonly seen on golf clubs and vehicle body kits. that style of carbon fiber weave is designed more for more endurance for flexibility and weight savings.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    More empty talk. You have said over and over Bushmaster does not manufacture Mil-Spec firearms. You were proven wrong by me and several others. You have said Bushmaster has never made guns for the military, or has never had a military contract. Again you were proven wrong by me and others. I, and others have provided several links to articles proving what we have said. All you produce is a bunch of Kool-Aid whining and opinion. And speaking of whining, it was the exact reason Vagisil man got me removed from that board and you know it. Now what else have you got besides more opinion? That's getting old. You need a life or a wife. Most likely both. Bill T.
    Bill, you have no leg to stand on.

BM guns have had SIGNIFICANT quality control issues. Their guns DO NOT come properly set-up, they HAD all of what....1 contract for guns?

Who amongst reputable trainers recommends them?

You got banned for being wrong, and being loud about it. Restating your opinion loudly doesn't give it more credibility.

BM DOES NOT have the .mil TDP....so how is it they make "mil spec" guns?

Keep shouting your opinion if you like, those of us who know better will continue to ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Keep shouting your opinion if you like, those of us who know better will continue to ignore you.
    You do the same seeing as you have yet to provide a reliable link to anything derogatory you have said about Bushmaster. You are like listening to a broken record. That is if you are old enough to know what that means. Now please, don't go away mad, just go away. Bill T.

(Chester County)

You do the same seeing as you have yet to provide a reliable link to anything derogatory you have said about Bushmaster. You are like listening to a broken record. That is if you are old enough to know what that means. Now please, don't go away mad, just go away. Bill T.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13532
    Feel better?

I ask you for a link and you give me the Colt Kool-Aid Channel? Yeah, I feel better, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for giving it to me. By the way, is he still using Vagisil over there? Bill T.

(Northampton County)

Please do me a big favor and post the several links proving that Bushmaster's commercial rifles are mil-spec. I know you don't have to but it will save me the time digging through that thread if you have them on hand. Thanks.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast