Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Classes at Freedom Armory

Has anyone taken any of the courses at Freedom Armory? If so would you care to comment on the experience? Do you need to join to do so? thanks
    Last edited by jeeper53; January 21st, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Classes at Freedom Armory

I went through the NRA Basic of Pistol Shooting along w/my wife last year. There were six people signed up, but they will cancel the class if there are less than 3, so I told my wife I'd take it w/her if I was needed for a head count (I've been shooting for years). Four people dropped out so that left me taking the class.

Actually, I had a good time. When we took the class, there was a new teacher being 'taught' along w/us, so the ratio was 2 teachers to 3 students. Being as the other student was an 'older' gentleman who had shot previously and myself (a shooter), the main teacher spent most of his time w/my wife setting up a bucket and rest for practice and then advancing to off-hand shooting. She actually did rather well. (I was hoping that she would be trained by someone else to keep me from teaching her some bad habits....) The other teacher rotated between us all and since he has a past of training the FBI, Army, etc., and was to be the new 'tactical' teacher at FA, he was teaching me some tactical shooting and setting up scenerios for me to practice! Good times.

Since our class was so small, we also had more time to shoot as our class time went so smoothly.

And, NO, you don't have to be a member there to do any of their classes.

They now even have a Winter League using IDPA Guidelines headed by the 'new' teacher Chuck.

The same classes can be found at other places at lower prices, but those that I've seen are at outdoor ranges and the wife is NOT a cold weather shooter............
    Last edited by LowFlyer; January 22nd, 2009 at 12:53 AM.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)