Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Target practice - where should I go?

I live just west of the Lansdale exit--Harleysville. Does anyone have opinions on ranges or gun club/associations in the area? It's hard enough paying for the bullets, having to shell out cash for a few minutes at a range makes it extremely difficult. Anyone have any thoughts on affordable places to target practice? I've seen some posts on who to stay away from, but can't seem to see anything on where to go, at least nearby me.

Any help would be great!

I know others have posted on this too, but I am looking at something that might be within 1/2 hour of where I live.
    Last edited by taylor2nd; January 21st, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Target practice - where should I go?

Target World is on countyline road and 202. That should not be more than 20 min from your location. Not sure what you consider expensive to shoot but their membership fees are ok to me. Now, i think the by the hour rate is $16---to me that is kinda expensive---but it's a prettty good place to shoot.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, I'll have to try them out. Unfortunately that seems to be the going rate from what I've seen. I'm new to this and have only been out a few times, so I wasn't sure the best way to get the most for the $.

(Bucks County)

I just joined Ridge and Valley Gun Club www.ridgeandvalley.net
    It's about a 20 min ride from me. I live just off Cowpath Road in Lansdale.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

I usually shoot on private property but it takes me 45 minutes to get there. I wouldn't mind joining a club as long as the fees are affordable for me. Isn't there a club up near the intersection of 563 and Allentown Road? Tylersport I think.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Bucks County)

Branch Valley is the club that I believe you mean. I am still waiting to get my call from them. they are affordable. 95 first year 30 every year after. They have a new indoor range, outdoor range, trap shooting, 3d archery range.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

look at Souderton - Harleysville Game, Fish and Forestry Association, Inc http://www.shgff.com/
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Montgomery County)

Saw your post and wanted to introduce myself and my company. I live in PA but am an owner of the HarborSite Usana Shooting Sports and Training Center located in Pittsgrove, (Salem County) NJ. We purchased the facility in April 2008 and have been slowly remodeling it to bring a world class shooting facility to the Mid-Atlantic.

We currently have 10 outdoor ranges from 25-100 yards, 25 yd indoor range, 16 station indoor archery, 14 station indoor air rifle, 22 plinking range, full service cafeteria with wide screen tv and wireless internet. We will be expanding to include trap & skeet, sporting clays, olympic trap, walk thru 3d archery, known distance archery range, weekend/walk on paintball and air soft as well large paintball & air soft events with 300 to 1000 participants.

Additionally, we conduct all manner of tactical training for law enforcement and civilians (Some restrictions do apply)

Steve Sweet
    President
    HarborSite Usana

(Montgomery County)

I know you mentioned that your interested in a gun club, but if you just want to target shoot. French Creek outfitters which is located in Phoenixville is very close to you only like a 15-20 minute ride if you jump on 422. Its only $12 an hour to use their indoor range. It can get kinda crowded on the weekend sometimes, but the wait is usually only like an hour at most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to Target World tonight...pretty good place. I'm not used to paying that much ~$16/hr for range time (I pay $3.50 with my service discount at home) but it was a good facility, motorized targets. You have to tape your paper to a cardboard backing, I guess thats ok, no rounds/mag limit, which is nice, though I usually don't shoot more than 2-3 anyway, no rapid fire, but thats pretty standard. One thing bothered me, no OC in the store to the line or from the line out. You can come/go CC but you have to cover when you step off the line. The guy next to me kept nailing me in the head with hot .45ACP casings from over the partition. I was hoping to shoot rifle, but that was a no-go there. It was a little far for me, I need to find somewhere closer...and more importantly, somewhere that will let me take the AR out of its box to stretch its legs.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast