Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Lock and Load, this one is the holy grail

HR 197: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009
    This is from another forum

Clifford (Cliff) Stearns of Florida’s 6th District has introduce H.R. 197 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009. Please contact your Representative and urge them to support this bill.

Here's the summary of the bill as posted on GovTrack:

1/6/2009--Introduced.

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 - Amends the federal criminal code to establish a national standard for the carrying of concealed firearms (other than a machinegun or destructive device) by non-residents. Authorizes a person who has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state and who is not prohibited from carrying a firearm under federal law to carry a concealed firearm in another state in accordance with the restrictions of that state or as specified under this Act.

You can use GovTrack to track the bill as it moves through congress. In addition, GovTrack can be set up to automatically send you emails about the bill's status.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-197

We need to hit the committee hard with letters, mailings, emails; ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A DEMOCRAT OR INDEPENDENT.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Lock and Load, this one is the holy grail

That will fail more than the fail boat.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Oh I know, but I think we need to go down with the guns blazing.

(Luzerne County)

With the current administration, this was a waste of a good bill

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lycoming County)

These types of bills come up every once in a while. It may come as a surprise, but I oppose it completely. We don't need more government regulations. We need to get current restrictions repealed rather than pass new laws. While I love the idea of being able to carry in all 50 states this is not the way I want it to happen.
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Armstrong County)

This is a bad bill. This gives the Fed the power to make a privilege for us, then the Fed can and most certainly will revoke. When they do revoke we will not have the ability to carry anywhere without threat of arrest no matter what state law will be.

If they really wanted this bill all they would have to do is incorporate the 2nd Amendment as they have the 1st, 3rd, 4th.......
    Then the states would have to recognize it is a "Right" !!!!!!!!!

Ed
    Last edited by edstephan; January 21st, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Lehigh County)

Meh,

It's a set-up.. It sounds very pro-2nd amendment (but isn't) however it has no chance of getting out of committee. The timing of it is obvious.. If he really wanted something like this to pass, it would have been introduced during the Republican Majority..

(Montgomery County)

I believe it was introduced in 2007 and 2008 as well.

This is my letter of support, rep to the first person who knows where my quote came from and what the back story is:

1/21/2009

To the Honorable
    “Man has only those rights which he can defend.” This was a basic principal of our Constitution. For this reason, the founding fathers included the 2nd amendment; to ensure that we can defend our freedoms against the treats of foreign armies and domestic tyrants. As a Democrat, I realize all to clearly that this is true. The abuses of the Bush administration against our liberties have greatly weakened our rights. However, there is one right that no one, Republican, Democrat, or Independent can question, the right to life.
    The right to life is placed on a pedestal above all other rights, enshrined in our most basic documents of law. Without life, there is nothing. In our society there are countless threats to our right to life, from vicious assaults, to stabbings, to robbing turned murder our right is in danger. Our nation’s police are second to none, but when seconds count, police are minutes away.
    That is why I am writing you to encourage your support for House Bill HR 197. This bill will provide for citizens who have been issued a license to carry firearms to carry them in all 50 states similar to how a driver’s license works. This will provide citizens a means to defend that most precious of all rights.
    I understand you may have some objections, and believe this is not the answer; more gun control is the answer. I want to make a couple of points. These licenses are not issued lightly. In obtaining my Florida permit, I was required to submit to a background check, be photographed, and finger printed and those prints were run through the FBI database. A thorough check is preformed, despite what you may be told. Many states have adopted this model and have seen reductions in violent crime, yet some states refuse to acknowledge the will of their citizens. This is where your power comes in. The constitution gives the Federal government supremacy over the states to ensure that our rights are protected. This is the power that gives the federal courts the power to nullify the laws and rulings of state courts. This is a great power, and with it comes a great responsibility. Use this power now, and ensure our right to life, because we are honest citizens. Criminals are criminals because they don’t follow the law, honest citizens do.
    I leave you with my thanks for your time, and my hope that you will support HR 197, and a last reminder, man has only those rights which he can defend.

Greg Primrose
    301-613-2834
    thewhitrbbit@gregslens.com

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
    I believe it was introduced in 2007 and 2008 as well.

This is my letter of support, rep to the first person who knows where my quote came from and what the back story is:
    Jonathan James McCoy is the Executive Assistant District Attorney for New York County (borough of Manhattan) in, of course, the state of New York on the highly successful television show, Law & Order. Popularly known as Jack McCoy, his character has such a strong persona that he's present on MYSPACE.COM, including a personal history, list of friends and Blog entries. Additionally, certain lines he has said on the show have been established as recognized quotes; i.e. "Man has only those rights he can defend".
    http://protectionunderlaw.blogspot.c...an-defend.html

(Montgomery County)

As some have already posted, this is a horrible idea. Why would we want the federal government to have even MORE control over our lives? They should have far less power than they currently do. Look at the way those assholes already blackmail various states by withholding highway funds unless the states comply with whatever the feds want.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast