Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Best place to get a HDTV in the Pittsburgh Area?

I'm looking for a new LCD HDTV Flat Panel in the Pittsburgh Area. Anyone know what the best place to buy is? I want decent service, but a good price is more important since I already know what I want. I'm looking for a Sony Bravia KDL46S4100.

I looked at the usual suspects...Walmart, Sears, Best Buy and Target...but they are all the same price! I'd prefer to buy local, I don't really want to have it shipped to me being 46" wide screen! That's just asking for damage to happen!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Default Re: Best place to get a HDTV in the Pittsburgh Area?

you may beable to find a good deal at a circuit city right now, though I would DEFINITELY get any policies and warranties in writing.

(Delaware County)

circuit city has 110% price matching. At least untill last week they did.
    Print the price of that tv from Frys.com's website.
    http://shop1.frys.com/product/5635431

That tv is going for $1,099 at fry's
    Ground shipping is like $45 bucks for me to Delco.

Make sure you print the price from the Cart as this shows the discount price.
    Go to Circuit city and show them the add.

(Lehigh County)

Local price at walmart is 1298.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9252003
    Amazon is 1188. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ctiveda8745-20

Keep looking if you have a little time you should be able to find it on sale in the next few weeks. On a side note Sonys are great TVs good choice.

(Chester County)

If you have a BJ's or Costco check them out. I bought 3 LCD TVs from them at really low prices.

don't forget the sony store at grove city, i've walked outta there with some DEALS

I used to work at both CC and BB in my college days. Circuit city is generally more willing to "make you a deal" to close a sale, and will likely be moreso now that they're going under.

We recently moved into our own place and decided we'd spring for one of these too.

We ended up using a coupon we got during the holidays for 10% off a TV over $700. We got a 42" Plasma (I wanted a high contrast ratio for video games) at 720p.

I never buy the extended warranties (mfg is good, if it's going to break it willb e within the first year based on TV use for a family of 3 (cartoons for an hour or so in the afternoon, movies at night for the adults and video games for me when everyone is asleep.)

You'll love gaming on one rocket. We don't need latest and greatest so we opted for the 720p to save 5-700 bucks. Ended up with a Samsung with the con ratio I was looking for 20,000:1 - and my games look great on it.

They were also good, but not as vivid on the Sharp Aquos we had at her folks place.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a 720 dpi now and it looks good, but I want to move it to the game room for PS3 only and get a new 1080 for the living room. We have Dish HD which is supposed to be in 1080 now so I'm not taking full advantage of it with the 720 I have...on the other hand, I can get a 50" Sony in 720 for under $900! Maybe I should just get a new 720 for the game room and be done with it? (I could go bigger for cheaper!) Is 1080 really worth the extra expense? I know the 720 looks good now with Dish and PS3...how much better can it get?

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I have a 720 dpi now and it looks good, but I want to move it to the game room for PS3 only and get a new 1080 for the living room. We have Dish HD which is supposed to be in 1080 now so I'm not taking full advantage of it with the 720 I have...on the other hand, I can get a 50" Sony in 720 for under $900! Maybe I should just get a new 720 for the game room and be done with it? (I could go bigger for cheaper!) Is 1080 really worth the extra expense? I know the 720 looks good now with Dish and PS3...how much better can it get?
    It's a measure of personal taste, some folks eyes aren't even suited enough to notice the difference, it depends on the person. People with glasses/contacts often have trouble (this is after selling many of these during the superbowl for a couple of years at both places). You can tell the difference between standard crt and then flat crt, and then from regular def to high def, and then the difference to plasma/lcd once you're at 720 it get's harder and hard to visually tell a difference to 1080i or p. The human eyes can only process so many colors, and can only visualize so many frames per second. Some have an aptitude for this and can tell the difference easily while others not so much.

It's all in personal taste.

Im not "over the top" on buying technology any more, I treat it like guns...I get something of quality that's going to fit my needs and wants and I generally dont overspend. I tend to overspend a bit on guns...but that's because it's a hobby and something I don't always look at objectively.

I used to play games online competitively (MLG) and back then I could have cared less about an AR-15, and would have taken a $2,000 TV over a $2,000 gun any day of the week...it all depends on what you're looking for and what you want out of it.

(Philadelphia County)

Make sure you compare prices on the internet before you buy and don't rule out purchasing online either.

Also Consumer Reports is saying Samsung has some of the highest quality models on the market.

My family recently purchased this TV

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...sung-ln-52a550

From that website. Its a pretty decent deal, we got a onkyo home theater system from them too and they threw in a free samsung blu-ray player. Were very pleased with everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast