Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default TO: LEO MEMBERS: re FOP and similar organizations

Quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of all the pre-emption violations. Towns and their lawyers blatantly break the law and openly conspire to break it. Many leos are very uneducated on what the law actually is and harrass lawabiding citizens unnecessarily. My faith in law enforcement wanes every time I read about some stupid leo doing something inappropriate. It makes ALL of you look bad. PUT YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER PLEASE!

This is what needs to be done. There are quite a few pro-2nd leos on this board and I'm willing to bet they are just as fed up as regular citizens.Following orders just isnt a good excuse...period.
    Go to your organisations and tell them you are pro-2nd and educate THEM on the LAW. Spread the word that your job is difficult enough without politicians making stupid illegal laws and wasting your time.
    Once Leo leadership starts telling the stupid politicians their pre-emption ideas are illegal and are violating state law then maybe this will stop when the leos refuse to enforce illegal laws!
    Thanks!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: TO: LEO MEMBERS: re FOP and similar organizations

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver View Post
    Quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of all the pre-emption violations. Towns and their lawyers blatantly break the law and openly conspire to break it. Many leos are very uneducated on what the law actually is and harrass lawabiding citizens unnecessarily. My faith in law enforcement wanes every time I read about some stupid leo doing something inappropriate. It makes ALL of you look bad. PUT YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER PLEASE!

This is what needs to be done. There are quite a few pro-2nd leos on this board and I'm willing to bet they are just as fed up as regular citizens.Following orders just isnt a good excuse...period.
    Go to your organisations and tell them you are pro-2nd and educate THEM on the LAW. Spread the word that your job is difficult enough without politicians making stupid illegal laws and wasting your time.
    Once Leo leadership starts telling the stupid politicians their pre-emption ideas are illegal and are violating state law then maybe this will stop when the leos refuse to enforce illegal laws!
    Thanks!
    Do you think most politicians actually gives a horses ass? They only care about there agenda. They could care less who is asking them to do this or to do that. I am as fed up as you are. I just don't see that helping the situation. What we need are citizens standing up and letting their local politicians know they will not tolerate these illegal actions. Hit em' where it hurts, at the polls.

(Montgomery County)

That's why we need to elect middle class people. I can't stand having rich people making decisions for me.

If I was a billionaire..I would be suing LOTS of people and organizations.

(York County)

Was there not a post awhile back, finding out what the "Oath of Office"
    that our elected officals at all levels take when they are sworn in. I would
    be interested, (in my municipality, county) what the Oath consist of in
    its wording. Be interesting what refrences they make to the Constitution of
    Pa. . If they violate that oath, they could be held accountable for there
    actions, I believe.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Mercer County)

This is the oath that I took when becoming a borough councilman:

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    County of Mercer

I, ___________________, do solemnly swear that I will support, obey, and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and that I will discharge the duties of Councilman in the Borough of Grove City, Pennsylvania, with fidelity.

Taken, sworn, and subscribed before me this ____ day of _____, A.D. _____.

Of course, many don't follow it. Pick the subject: 2A, taxation, etc.... Unfortunately, many voters don't care, don't pay attention, or simply approve.
    Last edited by Paradigm; January 20th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.

(Luzerne County)

The OATH is standard throughout the state.. it is as PARADIGM has, the only change is that some municipalities do not include the name of the particular borough, city, etc. But the rest is the same.... FOR ALL

(Allegheny County)

While I understand where you are coming from, how about you go to your place of work and tell yer boss you are sick of the decisions that your company makes and you are going to be open carrying to work from now on. See how well that works out. I am not a LEO or in public service, but I think there is a limit to how much a street cop can really do. Just my 2c.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver View Post

Thanks!
    I am not a fan at all of LEO's that do wrong, which is what we hear the most often. The media is a business ie selling commercial time. They get more money for the commercial time when they have higher ratings. They get higher ratings when more people tune in. More people tune in when there is a controversial story such as bad cop does dumb thing. Percentage wise, the bad LEO's are marginal at most, or, probably under 1% of all LEO interactions. We only hear of the bad because that is what sells. If the news was about good, who would tune in???? Unfortunately, there isn't a high market or demand for people holding hands singing kumbaya. If there were stories on the news every time an officer helped change a tire, arrested a wife beater, etc., then we would understand there are far more good than bad, but we are not exposed to all the good, hence the negativity.

Most LEO's look at their job as, well a job. With all the financial problems towns are faced with, if an officer speaks out against "the man" they will be looking for another job. I know some officers around me that do not agree with some of the chiefs decisions, some of which are illegal in their own right, but, they need to keep their jobs, soooooo, they keep their mouths shut. Times are tough, there aren't a whole lot of jobs out there, and the bills keep comin for everyone.

Just sayin, don't single out the cops. If there is a problem with a law, go to those that write em, not those that enforce em.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by pirateron View Post
    Just sayin, don't single out the cops. If there is a problem with a law, go to those that write em, not those that enforce em.
    I agree...to an extent.

Since I'm still a noob here, I was scanning the old threads to catch up and came across the Old Country Buffet thread. It was shocking about how little the officers on the scene knew. One even remarked that "they don't teach this stuff at the academy." Scary stuff.

For some of this I blame the LEOs. In their defense, I blame the politicians who write hundreds of new laws each year. I can't imagine trying to keep up with everything. But 2A is basic US Constitution stuff...truly Old School. (Insert comment about government indoctrination centers here.)

Politicians swear to uphold the Constitution. That's our job, so we darn well better know as much as possible about it.

Cops swear to uphold the law. That's their job, so they darn well better know as much as possible about it.

The job of the citizens is to hold everybody accountable.

(Bedford County)

Why can't we start filing lawsuits'.
    And yes I know that takes money! I mean they are blatantly breaking the law, some lawyer would surely take the case, wouldn't they? Seems cut and dried to me but I'm just nieve.

When the second amendment is gone, the rest won't mean a damn thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast