Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Ontelaunee Rod And Gun Club

Anybody here a member at Ontelaunee Rod And Gun Club? Wondering what there ranges are like and if they are black rifle friendly.
    Sorry, should have done a search first. Sounds like a good place. Will apply for a membership.
    Last edited by DirtyEd; January 20th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Ontelaunee Rod And Gun Club

I just got my membership this year and will plan on going up to in the spring time,I will let you know how the ranges are. And I will bring my black rifle to see how it goes.

(Lehigh County)

I was a member in 2007, and was out of state for 2008 so I never renewed. I was able to shoot without a problem the few times I did head out there. From what I have been told they have made some improvements to their ranges. Still abit of a drive for me though so I doubt I'll renew.

(Lehigh County)

drive over to check it out and talk to people, thats what I did

(Lehigh County)

black rifle and ak friendly as long as semi auto the range allows you to fire them there but i must admit i think i offended some fellow members once with my ak draining a 40 rounder as fast as i could range was packed that day and i can understand that people were sighting in and i was being loud and offensive so id say just have some respect for others like any range you would join. great range though roof over all benches even for the 200 and 300 yard ones now walk through archery range when its open skeet ranges archery range pistol range lots of competitions including run and guns well worth the 20 a year
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 93-2.3 View Post
    black rifle and ak friendly as long as semi auto the range allows you to fire them there but i must admit i think i offended some fellow members once with my ak draining a 40 rounder as fast as i could range was packed that day and i can understand that people were sighting in and i was being loud and offensive so id say just have some respect for others like any range you would join. great range though roof over all benches even for the 200 and 300 yard ones now walk through archery range when its open skeet ranges archery range pistol range lots of competitions including run and guns well worth the 20 a year
    I'm a life member although I really don't go there very often because I can shoot my handguns and bow at home and I don't shoot much rifle. What I do shoot a lot of is skeet and I am not aware that they have a skeet range unless they put it in since last summer. They have trap and international trap but since I shoot 15 or 20 rounds of skeet for every round of trap that I shoot, I mostly go to Rural. They have both.

The rifle and pistol ranges are nice.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lehigh County)

i stand corrected they have a trap range sorry dont know too much about shotgun shooting sports

(Northampton County)

To the OP, they are nondiscriminatory on rifles, just no tracers and no full auto. Tracers start fires and full auto can climb off the backstops. The other poster mentioned, being nice to your neighbors and that is always a good idea, but the range is rarely full. They also ask that you stay on the riffle ranges with the 3000+fps stuff since it will eat up the pistol ranges and their backstops.

They would put a skeet field in, and it has been on the list for a few years. BUT the main reason it is not there yet is because no one has stepped up to volunteer to run it. Warren is there every Saturday to run the trap fields, but in contrast Rural has a Barry and Ron running the traps on weekends and what, Tony, Ralph, Lou, Dave, Bill and a couple other guys to run Skeet, 3 days a week. So next time youa re at Ontelaunee stop by and pat Warren on the back.

(Lehigh County)

from what i hear rural has some top notch skeet and trap shooters with many wins and or championships? my one buddy wants me to join tri boro i just might but i will never end my membership to ontelaunee

(Mercer County)

My shooting buddy and I were members to use their 200 and 300 yard ranges to practice for our Namibian plains game safari. The highpower captain said they have the room to build a 600 yard range but not enough shooters to push it through the $$$ committee.

I'll be moving to Mercer county soon so decided not to renew. Very friendly folks there and decidedly pro NRA...they've the big checks plastered on the clubhouse wall. Note, unlike quite a few gun clubs, this one doesn't have a liquor license, so no spigot members.
    Last edited by onefunzr2; February 7th, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast