Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default went to bass pro today

so i go up to the gun department to check out all the guns ive been interested in and honestly i fell in love with almost all of them. i looked at the glock, springfield, S&W, Berretta and i think that is all of them.

i started it out with the glock 21 .45 ACP, i am not a glock kind of guy but this gun felt really good in my hands the finger grooves are a + considering the only glock ive shot is a 1st or 2nd generation 17L. and their was something about the accessory rail on this glock that made it stand out beautifully. it was like the rails on the FN 5.7 it was gorgeous.

i then moved to the berretta px4, i thought i would have liked it more than what i did. it felt good in my hand but it just didnt stand out like wow i really want this gun. with that being said i bet it would have shot good though.

then i went to the smith and wessons, i checked out the full size and compact, i like the full size better in my hand well probably frankly because of my bear claws i call hands. i bet with the optional full mag-grip for the compact it would have felt better, and if i was going to carry it around all day it would probably be the one i would get, but i would still rank it up there with the top guns i like. the full size was like gripping, well just like gripping a specially molded grip just for you, just an amazing piece of equipment. at bass pro it was like 600+ but my personal small gun dealer friend can get me one for approx. 463.00 give or take.

finally its the springfields turn i checked out the xd and xdm. the xd actually felt better in my hand. well the springfield was actually my least favorite of all the guns. i dont really know, it looked good but imo it just didnt fit me right. altho the xdm was plenty big of a grip for me and the xd's grip was about the right size for me, but it just didnt feel the way i wanted it to feel.

so now i am torn between the glock with finger grooves probably a glock 20 10mm or 22 .40 S&W or the full size S&W M&P in a .40 caliber for now. any first hand reviews for each?? i am looking at accuracy/fun. ino that both these guns are reliable especially for my purpose, a take along hunting/target gun.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: went to bass pro today

I liked my M&P .40 when I had it. I'm more of a Sig person so I traded it in. It was accurate, felt good, and the grip straps were nice.

(Bucks County)

I got my Glock 20 two years ago as a trail gun and I love it.

I've shot a lot of 10mm pistols and I think the G20 handles the round the best. It'll take all the full power ammo you can feed it and is considerably lighter than any other 10mm out there.

It's currently in a Mitch Rosen IWB behind my right hip as I type this.

(Chester County)

Try the PX4, you'll love it. Great shooting gun.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai