Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default My "new" carry gun -- S&W 3913

Well, I've traded away my beloved Ruger SP101, opting instead for a S&W 3913.

The Ruger was a fantastic little gun, one of my favorite handguns ever. But, I wanted a gun that I could also shoot IDPA with this spring, and the 5 round limitation was kind of bugging me. We didn't have cash to just go buy another gun, so I traded away for another gun I've wanted for a very long time. The 3913 is a gun that fits my hand like a glove. It comes out of the holster and onto target without me having to think about it. They've got a reputation for accuracy and unfailing reliability. It actually rides nicer on my hip than the Ruger did, despite weighing more or less the same loaded up. It feels better in my hand, and will be every bit as versatile as the Ruger was as far as being a hiking/fishing/camping gun. Snakeshot won't work as well, but to be honest I've never shot at a snake while doing any of the above activities. With 8 rounds of good ammo in the gun and four more magazines on hand, in a gun that conceals and carries even better than my little revolver did, I think I'm also carrying a better defensive sidearm.

I will miss my little 3" SP101, though I'll buy another someday.

Meantime, here's my "new" baby! I don't know what the round count is, but judging by the lack of wear inside and out (no marks at all outside), it's very low. Trigger still feels new, even.

"Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Monroe County)

Default Re: My "new" carry gun -- S&W 3913

In my opinion, you have the last model S&W pistol worth having. Enjoy.

(Montgomery County)

I've had the 3914 since they came out and just picked up a 3953 DAO to keep it company. You will enjoy it. Dave_n

(Dauphin County)

Well Joe, I'm glad you're excited about you're new gun. It looks nice, and I hope it works well for you. I'm just sorry you had to get rid of the Ruger. I have been aroung here for only a few months, but your opinion has been one that I seem to agree with often, and I know how you loved that gun. I'm sure there will be another in your future.

(Lancaster County)

I had a CS9 for about a year. It was a great little gun but was very chunky through the grip. The 3913 seems to have fixed that, being about the same size but considerably thinner. I'm sure you will enjoy it! Thanks for the Pic.

Glad you like your 3913. I have yet to hear someone who didn't. I have been looking for a 3913 for a few months and it seems I'm always a few steps behind someone else!!!

(Montgomery County)

Nice choice... I think the 3913 is still one of the best carry pieces around... I wish S&W still made something comparable... Thin, fairly light, durable... I am envious... I like single-stack, non-polymer 9mm pistols for CC...

Regards,

Bones