Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Default Anyone waiting for XD's?

In early February I ordered an XD 9MMSC (black) from a local gun shop (won't mention name as I don't think they are at fault for anything). Just wondering if anyone else out there has ordered and is waiting for XD? I called the shop the other day and they said that they have numerous other orders for XD's. I live in northern Bedford county. Kinda wondering how the supply of XD's is around rest of the state.
    Last edited by Chunky Monkey; April 5th, 2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Sorry accidently put this in Rifles instead of Pistols

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone waiting for XD's?

There doesnt seem to be any shortage of XDs where Im at, around Philly/King of Prussia area.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I've heard of some people sometimes having to wait on XD's, but not usually the SC version. I'm a member of the XD forum, and the ones we usually hear about being short on, are the tacticals, typically the XD-45 Tac. The bi-tone tacticals are also hard to find sometimes. If you continue to have problems, let me know, and I'll throw up a post there and your area, so that hopefully we can find one for ya. Take care and you'll love your XD.

(York County)

Gander Mountain in York, and Freedom Armory in Glen Rock both seem to have quite a selection of XD's.

I have noticed many websites showing them out of stock though

(Erie County)

When I purchased mine, the owner of the store said that those particular pistols are the fastest moving weapons in the whole store. It seems like most stores only have one maybe two of the subs in stock.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

(Bedford County)

XD 9's are in stock at all three of Pa's largest distributors. They can be at your local dealer in 2 days. Expect to pay $440-460.

They even have Dark Earth and OD green frames in stock right now...same price.

(Berks County)

I was waiting on one to come into BoBs army navy and when it finally did i was there and he still has several more there. Now the SW M&Ps are going like hot cakes.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

I've got my name on several lists for an XD45 Tac. I've been able to find virtually any other XD at various stores here in the SouthEast but the Tac seems to be in very short supply.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Berks County)

I was waiting for several months for a 5" 9mm XD TAC. I told the people at Cabelas "I don't care if it is black, green tan or two tone, get me the first one you can." I finally got tired of waiting and bought a 9mm 4" service model. There are plenty of those around.

(Bedford County)

Thanks for all the responses. They say patience is a virtue. I'll just sit tight, at least for another month or two. Besides they have the best price around and once I get the gun it'll have been worth it!

Thanks again all!