Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Lycoming County Sheriff...

... is very nice and glad to sign papers As soon as he signed I went to the post office and sent everything on it's way. Now the waiting game... any tips to survive?
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Lycoming County Sheriff...

Charlie is a good guy, always aware of the gun rights issues. Too bad this is his last term, he is not seeking re-election. CLARION44 FOR SHERIFF!!

Be safe (and run here, run now!).

Scott

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Charlie is a good guy, always aware of the gun rights issues. Too bad this is his last term, he is not seeking re-election. CLARION44 FOR SHERIFF!!

Be safe (and run here, run now!).

Scott
    HAHA. That would be a cool job, but probably not that fun.

I thought I read in the paper he wasn't seeking re-election. Too bad. Hope whoever takes over is just as aware.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    HAHA. That would be a cool job, but probably not that fun.

I thought I read in the paper he wasn't seeking re-election. Too bad. Hope whoever takes over is just as aware.
    Here is one of the announced candidates, a nice guy. Pretty sure he would be a gun rights kind of guy, I will ask him:

http://www.sungazette.com/page/conte...id/520953.html

Lycoming County Veterans Affairs Director Donald L. Cohick said Wednesday he plans to run for county sheriff.

Cohick is a Republican who has worked for the county for more than 27 years.

He said his wide range of leadership experience and 19 years working as a deputy sheriff make him an ideal candidate for the job.

"I had worked for years in the sheriff's office and was kind of gearing myself up to (run for the office)," he said.

Cohick began working for the county at the County Prison. He then became a deputy sheriff after being hired by Sheriff L. Eugene Pauling.

According to Cohick, he finished first in his class at Deputy Sheriff Training Academy.

While a deputy sheriff, he was appointed by Gov. Tom Ridge to the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency's Deputy Sheriff's Training and Education Board, on which he served for eight years.

While on the board, Cohick helped develop a training program for deputy sheriffs that is being used today at Penn State University. The program was increased from four weeks to 16 weeks, he said.

Cohick was elected president of the Pennsylvania State Association of County Directors of Veterans Affairs.

He has a combined total of 27 years of military service. He retired as a first sergeant after serving in the Army, Navy, National Guard and Army Reserves.

Cohick said his work in the military, sheriffs office and veterans affairs has given him the supervision skills he needs to develop budgets and work schedules.

Cohick is a member of St. John's-Newberry United Methodist Church. He has been active in Boy Scouts for more than 40 years and serves as Scoutmaster of Troop 14. He achieved Eagle Scout status and also was awarded the Silver Beaver Award.

He has been active in local, regional and international levels of Scouting.

Cohick has been a member of the Ivy Lodge 397 of the Free and Accepted Masons and Williamsport Scottish Rite for more than 25 years. He also is a life member of the National Sojourners 509 and a life member of the National Rifle Association.

He is a member of American Legion Post 104, among other community groups, and has served on the Lycoming County Republican Committee for more than 19 years.

Cohick has been married to the former Linda M. McCloskey for more than 30 years. They have two daughters and one granddaughter.

They live at 45 Loyalsock Manor Road, Plunketts Creek Township.

(Lycoming County)

Does the S.O. do fingerprinting?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scmar View Post
    Does the S.O. do fingerprinting?
    Trooper Brown at the PSP barracks in Montoursville will fix you up. Call to see if he's in and available to do them. If you have the fingerprint cards, only fill out one of them and take the others blank. He will end up printing the info right on the cards. I filled out 4 of the damn things for nothing. lol. It's easier for him to print all the info on the cards.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"