Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members Wanted

(Westmoreland County)

Default Members Wanted

Hello.I'm trying to get a gun forum started.so please check it out and see what you think and join if you could. Thank you.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/Gun_Talk/index.php

(Philadelphia County)

I gotta be honest with ya..

I think there are entirely too many gun forums already on the net.

Instead of making new one, why dont you use your resources to better one thats already established?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

and its kinda rude to post this on another forum that is still trying to grow.

(Lehigh County)

Maybe he would like our "Sexey-hot" russian member. LOL

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online
    and its kinda rude to post this on another forum that is still trying to grow.
    I'd have to say +1 to that.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Cambria County)

ANyone notice how he JUST registered, and his 5th post is trying to siphon us away to HIS forum?
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    I think there are entirely too many gun forums already on the net.
    It's definitely hard to start a new one unless you have some sort of unfulfilled niche (A new type of gun, or perhaps a state that has no good state-specific gun resources )
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire
    ANyone notice how he JUST registered, and his 5th post is trying to siphon us away to HIS forum?
    Every one wants a place on the web, not many can manage it tho. I think ill stay here with DanP and the gang, I like the forum, its well kept, not overwhelmint, we are allowed freedom of speach, yet there are enough here to keep us in line with out Dan having to step in too often.

I could easely have my own forum... But why bother when I can sit here and enjoy this one and not have to worry about every thing that is said in it?

I think Dan is doing a great job here and agree, why not support one already running rather then start yet an other? I could see if it was part of a webpage but this is just yet an other forum, and coming here to get free promotional value is pretty low.

Ice, you will notice many of the first posts are like that, either hit and run on some one, or getting lots of attention then droping out.
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 24th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

And it werent lame enough, I saw him make the same post on XDTALK.com and Packing.org

I wonder how many forums he's spammed alreay.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

The way I look at it is the market will determine what forums live and die. Many of the users I have here came from someone posting a link on another forum so I can't really fault anyone for doing the same, it really is the most efficient way to spread the word because you are bringing your idea to the attention of people who you know share your interest and are already familiar with forums.

Really, I just don't care, I'm quite confident that PAFOA has filled a need that was NOT being served (a good community to share information related to our direct interests as local gun owners.) I am not running this forum for any other reason than the fact that I wanted a place to talk to other shooters in the area. Beyond that goal I have no interest in "competing" with other general gun discussion forums as sites like glocktalk and ARFCOM have already filled that niche (quite well)
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast